Desire to relocate to Seattle - Looking for job leads with tech or entertainment/gaming oriented startups

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Edward S in Oakland, California

10 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am currently holding the position of Director of Information Technology at a firm in Oakland, CA and am looking to relocate to the Seattle Area. While on the surface this may seem relatively easy, just look for an IT job, one of the motivations I have for moving there is a shift in my career.

I would like to leverage my tech experience and management experience, while also bringing to bear my extensive knowledge in the online game industry. My insights here and ability to communicate my ideas clearly to a wide variety of audiences I believe suits me well for a Project Management sort of role.

I am specifically not looking for employment in areas that are code intensive or require extensive database knowledge. While I am certainly capable in both of these areas, it is not my desire to continue working in this sort of capacity.

I would love to get involved in a startup, where people participate in alot of different roles as I am a jack of all trades, my resume reflecting that.

Anyone have any advice? I've been browsing headhunter sites and am not necessarily finding an opportunity that jumps out at me there and says "Yes!"

I'd like to relocate before the end of 2013, if possible.

Thanks,

Edward

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

10 months ago

Edward S in Oakland, California said:
Anyone have any advice? I've been browsing headhunter sites and am not necessarily finding an opportunity that jumps out at me there and says "Yes!"

LOL! You might have taken a wrong turn.

As most of us are unemployed, we are not finding those opportunities that jump out and says "Yes" to us either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.