Looking to find a job in Seattle before I move.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

MovingOn in Greenwell Springs, Louisiana

40 months ago

I recently spent a week in Seattle visiting a good friend right before he moved to San Francisco for a job. During my time there, I honestly fell in love with the city. I know its summer and Seattle winters can be dreary, but having lived in Baton Rouge, LA my whole life, it's time for a change. After graduating from LSU in December 2010, with a B.S. in Marketing, I applied for countless jobs locally and out of state. Unfortunately nothing came up, and I became a little disenchanted. I'm lucky enough to still have the bookkeeping job I worked throughout college, so I pretty much stuck to applying for entry level marketing and related positions. After revamping my resume and cover letter multiple times, with little to no response from employers, I decided to take a break for a month or two and just relax. My recent trip to Seattle has reinvigorated my drive and I've realized exactly how important it is that I get out of Louisiana. This is not to say, I've lost my love for LA. It's just time we part ways. However, I would like to have a job before moving. How should I go about landing a job in Seattle? Where is a good place to begin? Has anyone had success getting a job from out of state? Are recruiters a good way to go?

I could always make the move and live off my savings, while looking for a job locally. However, if nothing pans out, then I'd end up back in BR with no money or job. I would love to hear everyone's input. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.