Microsoft Job Opening - Submitted Resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

GoodFella in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Hi!

I just recently applied to Microsoft. A few moments later, I received an email that stated:

Thank you for applying to Microsoft! We've received your resume/CV and want you to know we appreciate your interest in our opening(s) for

- Job Title: Security analyst
- Job ID: 785463
- Resume Title:
We've entered your information into Microsoft's job database, where it will be available to recruiters who specialize in areas that match your skills and interests. We'll keep your file active for up to one year so we can also consider you for appropriate future openings. Unless your contact information or work history changes, you won't need to resubmit your resume to be considered for future positions.

Again, thank you for considering Microsoft as a potential employer. To learn more about the company and our global career opportunities, please visit careers.microsoft.com.

Sincerely,
Staffing Department
Microsoft Corporation

***Is it just me or does it sound like they are not interested. It almost has this tone like are not interested because they make references like "thank you for your interest" and "We've entered your information into Microsoft's job database, where it will be available to recruiters who specialize in areas that match your skills and interests".

Or am I just crazy and maybe wait til I get an official email? lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

22 months ago

GoodFella in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi!

***Is it just me or does it sound like they are not interested. It almost has this tone like are not interested because they make references like "thank you for your interest" and "We've entered your information into Microsoft's job database, where it will be available to recruiters who specialize in areas that match your skills and interests".

Or am I just crazy and maybe wait til I get an official email? lol

Official email? What do you want - a cookie? Microsoft gets over 1,000 apps a week!

GoodFella in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Official email? What do you want - a cookie? Microsoft gets over 1,000 apps a week!

A cookie..but a Samual Adams will suffice!

I know..I just have to wait.

CaseyBoo in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Goodfella,

I was a Recruiter for 10 years at Microsoft. First, I want to assure you that this robo-response is the only way MS can respond to or handle the well-over 1000 resumes that they recieve daily. Don't take offense.

However, as a Recruiter, I didn't need to go to the database that held all these resumes very often. Instead, I relied on employee referrals and people who may have previously been on my radar for another job.

Applying for jobs at MS via the web is not the most effective way to apply for a job (it MAY work about 20% of the time - just a guess). Reach out, via LinkedIn to mid-level managers at MS but tell them WHY you want to connect and share specific info about your background.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.