Moving to the Seattle area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

c130herc in Youngstown, Ohio

81 months ago

We are moving to the Seattle area in May 08. The problem is, we don't know which area of Seattle is going to be optimal for our needs. We would like to find a place to rent that has 2 or 3 bedrooms and a garage for under 1300$. Also, we don't want to live in an old, rundown area. We would like to live in, or close to the Bellevue area. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Raimey in Everett, Washington

80 months ago

Hello I am from Painesville OHIO. If you want to live in a new home, or newer home, for 1300 per month, that will not be the Bellevue area. Maybe look at city's close to Bellevue or raise your amount for rent or be open to other options for the Bellevue area. Maybe Kirkland, which is about 10 minutes from Bellevue

c130herc in Warren, Ohio

80 months ago

Michael Raimey in Everett, Washington said: Hello I am from Painesville OHIO. If you want to live in a new home, or newer home, for 1300 per month, that will not be the Bellevue area. Maybe look at city's close to Bellevue or raise your amount for rent or be open to other options for the Bellevue area. Maybe Kirkland, which is about 10 minutes from Bellevue

Thanks for the input. We did find a couple of town homes in Bellevue that are within our budget, they're just not as new as we'd like. Also, we checked out Kirkland, it seems that Kirkland is more expensive. Oh-well thanks.

RN in Auburn, Washington

80 months ago

c130herc in Youngstown, Ohio said: We are moving to the Seattle area in May 08. The problem is, we don't know which area of Seattle is going to be optimal for our needs. We would like to find a place to rent that has 2 or 3 bedrooms and a garage for under 1300$. Also, we don't want to live in an old, rundown area. We would like to live in, or close to the Bellevue area. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hi,
I moved here about one year ago and we just bought a house. But before this we were in an appartment that was quite nice. Bellevue is nice, but a bit busy, and expensive. Bordering it is Newcastle, which is very nice. The appartment we lived in was close to a golf course and about 5 min from Bellevue. I think you may be able to get a 2 bedroom for around $1300, not a three bedroom. It has detached garages or roof parking for extra $50-$100/month. Nice appartment though and great neighborhood! The name is Castlecreek appartments. May also want to check out townhomes in Newcastle. Hope this helps!

Ashnil Singh in Nadi, Fiji

64 months ago

Hi,

i may be migrating to US and looking forward to coming to seattle as i know a few friends. What would be cost of 1 or 2 bedroom apartment like and also which area might good. As we are a couple without children.
Also what it would be like to get a job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.