Relocation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Emily Verville in Kalamazoo, Michigan

57 months ago

Hi everyone, my name is Emily and I will be relocating to Seattle in August from Kalamazoo, MI. I just graduated with a Travel and Tourism major, and a minor in Business. I am curious how the Seattle job market is, because here in Kalamazoo I have been looking for two months and found nothing but cashier jobs. Now my boyfriend and I have decided to move to Washington to try something new because we have never lived anywhere else. Any suggestions on housing, jobs and finances ect. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flatulent Elephant in Kent, Washington

44 months ago

The Seattle job market sucks, like everywhere else. Sorry.

Housing is a little pricey but has gone down a bit due to the sucky economy. Certain areas are much more affordable than others, but usually the cheap areas are run-down or have some crime. I don't know if you're looking to live in Seattle proper; some parts of the city are much nicer than others (avoid south Seattle if possible). Some of the suburbs are nice & more affordable, such as downtown Issaquah which has a good trail system if you're into the outdoors @ all...it is about 20 minutes from downtown Seattle depending on traffic (& yes there can be some pretty bad traffic issues around here!). Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.