Retail Careers in Seattle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

PCarrey in Bloomington, Indiana

61 months ago

Hey all -

I am working to move to Seattle by the end of the year, or as soon as I can find a job in the area. I have a College Degree in visual communication as well as a strong background in Retail Management (7+ million yearly sales, 30+ direct employees.) While there are many posts on job sites, I can hardly get a word back from the many resumes I have sent out. Is there a better way of breaking into the Seattle retail market? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike W.

61 months ago

I would advise staying out of the City of Seattle. The rents are excessive and retail jobs, even in management don't pay enough. Fast Food Restraunts are always hiring. But I would advise sticking with the larger regional and national chains. Puget Sound Energy, a local utility company is also hiring. They have retail showrooms. Try the State of Washington Employment Website at www.wa.gov/esd. These are real jobs posted by real employers. You might also try the Puget Sound Business Journal. They regularly report on business expansions. They also list networking events.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.