Retail Careers in Seattle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

PCarrey in Bloomington, Indiana

78 months ago

Hey all -

I am working to move to Seattle by the end of the year, or as soon as I can find a job in the area. I have a College Degree in visual communication as well as a strong background in Retail Management (7+ million yearly sales, 30+ direct employees.) While there are many posts on job sites, I can hardly get a word back from the many resumes I have sent out. Is there a better way of breaking into the Seattle retail market? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike W.

78 months ago

I would advise staying out of the City of Seattle. The rents are excessive and retail jobs, even in management don't pay enough. Fast Food Restraunts are always hiring. But I would advise sticking with the larger regional and national chains. Puget Sound Energy, a local utility company is also hiring. They have retail showrooms. Try the State of Washington Employment Website at These are real jobs posted by real employers. You might also try the Puget Sound Business Journal. They regularly report on business expansions. They also list networking events.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.