You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

nakeia in Springfield, Illinois

81 months ago

well i see that didnt no one reply to my message that i sent the world

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi DuPont in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

I guess if we knew how to get you a job, none of us would be here ourselves, would we?

What are you doing to get yourself a job? Filling out applications? Sending out resumes?

Guess that would be a good way to start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RONALD in Melville, New York

81 months ago

send me email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NY* in Westchester, New York

81 months ago

nakeia in Springfield, Illinois said: well i see that didnt no one reply to my message that i sent the world

look on Indeed.com, right here^^
May I suggest to try this first>>>> type in the city/state location that you are seeking employment.
Look through all the openings....

or type in the postion you are seeking then the location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone ever complimented you on your maturity, knowledge and intelligence, NY*? Let me be the first.

Thank you! and Happy Holidays!
I come back here to see how I can be of help....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

NAKEIA HAYNES in Springfield, Illinois said: CAN YALL HELP ME GET A JOB CAUSE I REALLY NEED ONE CAUSE I CANT GET ANYTHING WITH OUT A JOB.

Here:
Indeed listing for your area on Dec 26, 2007, check the Macy's out!

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Springfield%2C+Illinois&l=

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

nakeia in Springfield, Illinois said: well i see that didnt no one reply to my message that i sent the world

Here the Indeed listing for your aarea Dec 26, 2007:

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Springfield%2C+Illinois&l=

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Does not hurt at allllll to be helpful!

to those of you mean peeps/OP I would never hire or could never work with you!
shows a lack of respect/maturity!
Childish to not want to be helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: As far as maturity, respect and childishness go, you seem to be an expert on all three.

Again to you as stated above ^>>>
Thank you! and Happy Holidays!
I come back here to see how I can be of help....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I must admit I am stunned by those whose remarks seem to consist of pointing out spelling mistakes, or are otherwise insulting to the poster.
Why in the world would you bother if you could not be helpful?
Too much time on your hands no doubt.

I guess they fail to realize, they are out of work in the same world as all of us.

It's wonderful to connect with those here who can at least offer some support!
NY offered not only support but some concrete advice as well.

Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Telling the original poster that no one will get the person a job for the person is helpful. Except for two brief, part-time jobs when I was young, every job I've gotten - and there have been several of them - I've gotten on my own. Why should anyone else be any different.

Pointing out to the original poster that if the person hopes to get a job the person needs better English skills is helpful. With that said, it slays me is semi-literates are getting jobs while more educated and experienced people are not.

What makes you say that Displaced? Why do you think they are being offerd jobs that you are not? We all have to go out and get our own employment. Is there really any other way to do it? I know I was never just given a job, I had to go out and find it.

Yes, some people do not spell well, and that may very well be detrimental for them when seeking employment. But it is the way it is expressed. It doesn't have to be in such a negative or condensending manner does it?

Now please.... don't retort this with a negative insulting reply. My post was not really directed at you anyways. I think maybe, for the most part, most here are just angry and frustrated for being out of work. Understandable. But really, does it really help to take it out on others whose circumstances are pretty much like your own?
Does this really make you feel better about yourself?
Can't we all just get along???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: As far as maturity, respect and childishness go, you seem to be an expert on all three.

I am mature/knowledgeable enough to identify/realize that the original poster is young with lack of experience...
It takes absolutely nothing to be kind and try to be of assistance...
I'm not here to be a 'bully' on the internet...
you being a said "professional" should be far beyond bully tactics...

Perhaps you/I have may be able to secure employment on our own, remember not everyone has those capabilities/background... and the know how!

there are jobs for people out here from alllll walks of life and ages....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I am mature/knowledgeable enough to identify/realize that the original poster is young with lack of experience...
It takes absolutely nothing to be kind and try to be of assistance...
I'm not here to be a 'bully' on the internet...
you being a said "professional" should be far beyond bully tactics...

Perhaps you/I have may be able to secure employment on our own, remember not everyone has those capabilities/background... and the know how!

there are jobs for people out here from alllll walks of life and ages....

Terms of Service>>>>Be Polite!
euphuism: displaced=unemployed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Fair enough, I can't possibly disagree with you on the point of spelling and grammar on a job application or resume. As another poster pointed out, those in the position to hire applicants will quite often toss those with errors of this kind simply because of the volume of applications for one position. I have done this myself!
But this is a forum, not a resume or job application. I just can't understand why this seems to offend so many people.

I am sorry for your experience, it's happened to me as well. People whom I thought were not as qualified as I was, were given the position. It is beyond frustrating, isn't it?
Being helpful is one thing, being critical is another.

My only problem with this forum is the way advice is given. Yes, I know, it's a harsh world out there and competition is fierce. But some of those who come here for a little support and advice probably get enough of that in the real world right?

Think of it this way, that probably wouldn't be a company you would want to work for anyways.

But yes, I do understand how you feel. But to be honest with you, do you really feel that you are in direct competition with the original poster? I doubt it.

Young, inexperienced, we were all there once. Let's give them a break, ok?

And I do feel you were unfairly harsh with NY. As they say...
If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all....

Wish you luck in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Sadly, this is just one of many threads here where the original post is lost because of bickering posters.

Nakeia,
It's tough finding a job now. I won't lie to you. Even those among us with years of experience and schooling under our belts are feeling the strain.

Don't just depend on the internet to find employment. If need be, get yourself to the library and you will find plenty of books on the subject. Writing a good resume is really important as it shows how serious you are about finding a job. Even if one is not required, still have one available. Sometimes a well written resume can even make up for a lack of real experience or credentials. It might give you an edge over the competition. And do check, recheck, and check again for any spelling mistakes. Then have someone else look at it, sometimes spell-check doesn't find everything. Just one typo may cost you a job. My son had one made when he was 17. He got the job!

Try to have a focus and a plan. Be orderly in your search.
And don't give up. Patience will pay off in the long run. Try not to take rejections personally, (I know, easier said than done!), and just keep on going.
And good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Good luck in your job search Displaced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Whoa, what in the world are you talking about?

81 months ago

Is there someone you can call?

Sounds like you have lost it there.
and your credibility...

I was with you for a minute, if you reread my post I was DEFENDING you. I've never threatened anybody in my life.

Seriously NY, sounds like you need some help. Please leave me out of any further discussion.

Perhaps a Valium?

81 months ago

NY* in Westchester, New York said: I was not replying to you...
but to the one who threathened me with "watch it" if you did not state to me "watch it" then it was not to you go back and read through the posts...

my replies were to assist the first person of this thread, then Displaced Unprofession from Denver came and stted that there should be no help, as she has use of the internet....

But now in reply to your smart remark
Take the Valium yourself and share it with your unprofession friend from Denver....

and may you both have to job search forever!
BTW you too seem to be a profession!
or are you the other face of UNPROFESSIONAL from Denver!!!

sounds like you both need help.... not jobs!
BTW your man just emailed me tell him don't ever do that again!

Perhaps you need a Valium...

Sounds like you need a straight-jacket
You posts don't even make sense anymore.
Are you drunk?

No need to reply
It won't make sense anyways

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: See what I mean, Cyndi?

Hmm, yes, I see your point.
Can someone please call the funny farm? I think they will find they have a patient missing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: So are my comments about this person so out of line now?

I stand corrected

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Cyndi DuPont in Cleveland, Ohio: "I stand corrected."

No problem.

As with other people, I gather you've had trouble lining up something. I hope your luck changes.

I've enjoyed *our* discussion. Thank you. Have a great evening.

Thank you,
You do the same.

ms. lady in Springfield, Illinois

66 months ago

NAKEIA HAYNES in Springfield, Illinois said: CAN YALL HELP ME GET A JOB CAUSE I REALLY NEED ONE CAUSE I CANT GET ANYTHING WITH OUT A JOB.

Try to speak appropiate english when asking for employment status. Just a little advice. Good luck in the future looking for the right job.

Elfi in Springfield, Illinois

63 months ago

Have you checked White Oaks Mall and White Oaks Plaza? Also, with the state fair time approaching, contact the office at the fair grounds. I hope that helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.