What are the best neigborhoods in Syracuse?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

VIRGINIA BELTON in Rochester, New York

89 months ago

I,M LOOKING TO MOVE CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A NICE AND QUITE PLACE TO LIVE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Mc Coy in Fayetteville, New York

89 months ago

Host said: Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

I truelly love Manlius, Fayetteville,Dewitt, Onodaga Hill. I Moved here from DC. four years ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

VIRGINIA BELTON in Rochester, New York said: I,M LOOKING TO MOVE CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A NICE AND QUITE PLACE TO LIVE

Hey I,m A retired teacher pre-retirement and I now work in Real Estate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

just E-mail me when you are ready for more details. I can send you some propeties to preview if you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Marianne Fogelson in Silver Spring, Maryland

87 months ago

Debbie Mc Coy in Fayetteville, New York said: I truelly love Manlius, Fayetteville,Dewitt, Onodaga Hill. I Moved here from DC. four years ago

Hi - we are in DC now and have been here for 15 years!! Are considering a move to Jamesville-Dewitt area because family is there. Can you tell me what prompted you to move and whether you are happy you did it? Do you miss DC or regret your move in any way? Also, how are the schools? Thanks for any help you can give - this is a really hard decision. We are actually in Arlington, not Silver Spring as it says above....

Marianne

Chelle in Syracuse, New York

82 months ago

I'd stay on the outskirts of the city, there's a lot of trash in the city. Go to maybe liverpool, baldwinsville, skaneateles, marcellus. These are on the outskirts... nicer areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Manlius, New York

82 months ago

Marianne Fogelson in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Hi - we are in DC now and have been here for 15 years!! Are considering a move to Jamesville-Dewitt area because family is there. Can you tell me what prompted you to move and whether you are happy you did it? Do you miss DC or regret your move in any way? Also, how are the schools? Thanks for any help you can give - this is a really hard decision. We are actually in Arlington, not Silver Spring as it says above....

Marianne

It took until today for this message to reach my email.Very busy right . but will within the next few days to give full details. I love the school systems in the suburbs. My one child is now college bound with four very college offers on the table. WE are waiting on the very bestand suitable offer to come in. Jobs are hard to come by. but the comfort level continues to be encouraging. Write back to confirm receipt, I'll write again when I have more time,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne Fogelson in Washington, District of Columbia

82 months ago

Thanks, Debbie. We are so torn about possibly moving back. Love this area, but miss family and the cost of living here is pretty high. Endless things to do here and there is no place like DC. The economy in Syracuse scares us and the taxes are horrid. But, the pace there is so much better than here and my family is there. And then, there is Wegmans!! Our grocery stores are terrible next to Wegmans. I miss it so much!!

I don't remember if you were here and then moved to JD? It has been so long since I posted this - forgot about it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Marianne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MG

75 months ago

Marianne Fogelson in Washington, District of Columbia said: Thanks, Debbie. We are so torn about possibly moving back. Love this area, but miss family and the cost of living here is pretty high. Endless things to do here and there is no place like DC. The economy in Syracuse scares us and the taxes are horrid. But, the pace there is so much better than here and my family is there. And then, there is Wegmans!! Our grocery stores are terrible next to Wegmans. I miss it so much!!

I don't remember if you were here and then moved to JD? It has been so long since I posted this - forgot about it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Marianne

Hi Marianne,

Did you ever move here to Jamesville-Dewitt from the DC area? I am born and reared in DC and also lived in Olney and live now in Fayetteville, NY just adjacent to J-D. We moved from DC to Atlanta and then Fayetteville. There is a considerable difference but the school system is great and a this is a very nice place to raise a family...it is actually what keeps me here as I often think of moving back home "DC" which is where all of my and my husband family live. We have one son who went through the FM school system which was a great experience for him and we now have one at MPH and JCC (day care). Are you here yet or still in Arlington/Alexandria. Yes, the economy is not as good here as compared to the DC area and the taxes are absolutely too high. The pace is slower and you can find things go do but not on a scale even matched to the quantity or often times quality of the DC area. Wegmans is great!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.