Best companies to work for in Temecula?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Temecula? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Sara Robson in Everett, Washington

74 months ago

My background is in financial services and I am looking to re-locate to the Temecula area. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Temecula, California

74 months ago

wishwecouldmove in Temecula, California said: Sara,

The only employer that is worth mentioning is Abbott Labs and currently they are launching a new heart Stent but most of their jobs are in the manufacturing side or engineering side of things. Any office positions are rare but you can go to their website. Unemployment here in the Temecula area is around 10%. Not sure if your married and husband is getting transferred here or if you are taking a leap of faith and just moving here cause it's cheaper housing and the weather is warmer than Washington State. If it is for the latter, do not move here. There is very little to do here unless you want to drive to San Diego or Orange Counties all of the time for entertainment. The traffic here is worse than most areas in the country being there is no mass transit to speak of. Crime is very high for an area this size. Be prepared to pay out the ying yang for DMV costs, A/C 7 months a year, high food costs, higher taxes on income than most states in the US.

I feel badly for you and your family. You sound miserable. We moved our family here over 18 years ago and love it. The schools here are excellent. The crime is well below the national average. If you take out all of the crime statistics from just around the mall area, the averages drop very low. I do agree with you that many people commute and that may not be worth the price. My wife and I both work here in town and make excellent pay. When my youngest leaves for college, we are considering moving closer to the beach. My question is, will it be worth the cost and crime of doing so? Back on the subject of crime. How hard do you have to look to find graffiti? What would your answer be for SD, OC, or LA? And 7 months of AC? Please...we have NEVER needed our AC that much. You may want to get a whole house fan. They work great. I wish you luck. Cheer up...life is too short.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

According to the 2007 FBI Report there were about 300 vehicle thefts in Temecula in 2007. TUSD's dropout rate in the July 2007 report was 9.8 % and Murrieta in the 10% range. Compared to San Diego Unified school district's 22.8% % dropout rate, I'd say that is great. The state of California's average dropout rate is 24%. You are right that there is some writing on the tables and sidewalk here and there, but be real, where can you live at these prices and have such a great? Name one place...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

beentheredonethat in Temecula, California said: Hey Alan,

Sounds like you do not get out much around Temecula and are completely out of touch with reality. Talk about seeing graffit, why yes just yesterday, we were at the newest park here that is beautiful Patricia Birdsall Park watching my kids soccer game and saw several pieces of property (fencing) vandalized and even on the sidewalk as well.
Even though they have signs mentioning there are surveillance cameras. And you think crime is low here?? Sure compared to Compton or Pomona. There are over 1600 car thefts here annually and we are higher than the national average for property crimes that is all according to the FBI statistics. Oh and your belief that the schools here are so great, then why did they publicize a few months ago in Press Enterprise that this area Temecula, Murrieta has one of the highest drop out rates in the state.... I rest my case. Before you say I am also miserable forget about it. These are just the facts people like you who have their heads buried in the sand do not want to see or believe. The housing values would not be plummeting so much if the area was so great. So get over yourself.

Seriously, all variables considered. Where would you prefer to live? I've have thought about this a lot as I'm sure you have too. We make great money. Live close to work. Less than 20 minutes. Kids have all done well in school. No place is without problems. Even the best Christian schools have drugs and crime. As long as there are people there will be some problems. I would love to live by the coast, but if I had a huge mortgage we couldn't afford our vacations and college tuition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

Whether or not you like the lifestyle, it's hard to deny that the economy is quite bad. Alan, I'm very happy that you're doing well, but I grew up in Temecula, and many of us came from middle to lower-middle class backgrounds. After college, we had no money to move out on our own and ended up back in Temecula, where there are no jobs at all. Sadly, the housing availability is totally out of balance with the size of the local economy, and that has indeed reduced the quality of life in a variety of ways for people on the lower end of the class division scale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I agree with you the economy is bad. My wife was laid off like many others. Fortunately should found another job, but there's a commute now like most people. I to came from a lower income family. There is a lot of luck that goes with life. Sometimes no matter what someone does, things don't come out right. How long have you been out of college? Just curious. I wish you and and your family well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Temecula, California

26 months ago

wishwecouldmove in Temecula, California said: Sara,

The only employer that is worth mentioning is Abbott Labs and currently they are launching a new heart Stent but most of their jobs are in the manufacturing side or engineering side of things. Any office positions are rare but you can go to their website. Unemployment here in the Temecula area is around 10%. Not sure if your married and husband is getting transferred here or if you are taking a leap of faith and just moving here cause it's cheaper housing and the weather is warmer than Washington State. If it is for the latter, do not move here. There is very little to do here unless you want to drive to San Diego or Orange Counties all of the time for entertainment . The traffic here is worse than most areas in the country being there is no mass transit to speak of. Crime is very high for an area this size. Be prepared to pay out the ying yang for DMV costs, A/C 7 months a year, high food costs, higher taxes on income than most states in the US.

you are very incorrect, crime is very LOW here, and traffic is bad during rush hours, but very smooth otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Temecula, California

26 months ago

Alan in Temecula, California said: According to the 2007 FBI Report there were about 300 vehicle thefts in Temecula in 2007. TUSD's dropout rate in the July 2007 report was 9.8 % and Murrieta in the 10% range. Compared to San Diego Unified school district's 22.8% % dropout rate, I'd say that is great. The state of California's average dropout rate is 24%. You are right that there is some writing on the tables and sidewalk here and there, but be real, where can you live at these prices and have such a great? Name one place...

Great Oak High School had a 94% Rate in 2009 when i graduated. This rate is the average testing score for Great Oak's students. An "A" average for the whole school. We received the highest amount of funding because of this. Highest in the State as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amethyst in Murrieta, California

21 months ago

Test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.