Best companies to work for in Traverse City?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Traverse City? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Just Hired in Traverse City, Michigan

8 days ago

There are 3 companies in Traverse City that everyone and their brother wants to work for. Munson, Britten Banner, and my new Employer, Hagerty, which I affectionately call "The Google of Traverse City" Even before I was hired into the company I knew I wanted to work for them, so when the opportunity arose with a new round of hiring I applied. I was luckily enough to be chosen out of over 60+ applicants.
Hagerty is a Family Owned business and that shows in everything they do. They may sell insurance in the US, Canada, Germany, and the UK but it feels like they are your mom and pop insurance company that wants to make their employees happy. Even thru my interviewing process, it felt like you were conversing with good friends, not doing actual interview. People you don't even know always with smiles on their faces, and coming up to you and saying hello, introducing themselves. I'm not privy to the actual hiring process requirements, so this is just a guess, but I feel like they hire off of personality. Honestly you can train anyone to do any job, but you cannot teach people to be nice. That comes from within.
No doubt Hagerty is fueling growth in Traverse. Now with 700 employees they are i believe the 3rd of 4th largest employer in Traverse.
I don't see that number getting any smaller, only larger as time goes on.

To back up what I am saying about why they are a great workplace, I would encourage anyone to watch the "Great places to work" video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZVZu2J1-w

Thanks for listening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.