Job search in Tucson?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Tucson?

Reply - Report abuse

kissafrog in Tucson, Arizona

64 months ago

Jobing.com and TucsonHelpWanted.com are the two best so far. Monster and CareerBuilder are okay. If you're looking for a govt job, USAJobs.com is pretty good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Tucson, Arizona

61 months ago

Folks, if you have moved here from the East coast or from California expecting a good job here in Tucson, you will be SEVERELY disappointed. The job market here is the worst I have seen in many years. You will be extremely lucky if you do score a very good job here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

magale in Tucson, Arizona

38 months ago

i am highly interested to get job here in tucson AZ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Tucson, Arizona

9 months ago

There is a new website that is exclusively for searching for jobs in Tucson.
It links to Tucson Employer's career pages and also links to local job searching resources.

It is www.jobsearchtucson.com

I hope it is helpful in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

9 months ago

None! Go to Google maps and do a search in a specific industry (e.g., “construction companies”). Zoom into a specific geographical area, quadrant, part of city, etc. (In your case, Tucson, vicinity, etc.). You’ll see red dots and flags. Click on one and you should get a popup box with a company name, address, phone number, and hopefully a website, or look to the left to see listings of companies under "get directions," etc. Go to the company’s website and find an option to submit an online application or email them a cover letter and resume. If that’s not an option, print out your cover letter and resume and mail it through the US postal service. If they indicate they aren’t hiring, send it anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

9 months ago

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas said: None! Go to Google maps...[QUOTE]

Additional Info:

Or just print out several copies of your résumé and deliver it in person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Phoenix, Arizona

19 days ago

Time is money, a valuable resource. That being the case, I strongly recommend against wasting your time applying at the U of A.

I have applied there for many position. There was one position open there where I not only met each and every requirement, but I also met each and every criteria under the "preference will be given to candidates who..."....and I STILL didn't get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.