Moving to Tucson - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Tucson, Arizona

70 months ago

I was born and raised in Tucson. To see Tucson as too much of a "Call Center Town" now, I would want to move to a much bigger city with more opportunity like either Los Angeles or New York.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

don't matter in Tucson, Arizona

70 months ago

I moved here from Germany. I always thought that the USA is soooo much more sophisticated than Germany, well I thought wrong. Not here in Tucson. Tucson is a big Town with nothing but Call Center. The Area is really nice, but thats about it. There are almost no opportunity to get a really good payed job. I wouldn't move here again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Tucson, Arizona

70 months ago

don't matter in Tucson, Arizona said: I moved here from Germany. I always thought that the USA is soooo much more sophisticated than Germany, well I thought wrong. Not here in Tucson. Tucson is a big Town with nothing but Call Center. The Area is really nice, but thats about it. There are almost no opportunity to get a really good payed job. I wouldn't move here again.

I agree. Tucson is mostly a blue collar town with a few call centers, a university that pays somewhat better (and is more sophisticated). Good paying jobs are few and far between here. Best to move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dismayed in Tucson in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

I moved here with over ten years of business and project management experience, including various education program development, non-profit, small business, and corporate training and development experience. I also have a Bachelor's in Spanish and Business and an undergrad study emphasis on border economic regional development, thus, my interest in moving to Tucson. This is not a city to create any professional development opportunities, however, possibly a low paycheck as the median income has only grown $3000 in 30 years. This is a severely underdeveloped "small town" (so they use as an excuse) for a lack of a developed infrastructure, lack of quality in education, and customer service. However, there is a high population of overpaid ineffective city, county, and higher educational "professionals" here. Change Agents are needed but you must be financially prepared to enter as a civil rights, employee rights, and educational rights advocate. Not a good move to make to Tucson unless all you want to enjoy is the wonderful sunsets, weather, hospitality, and great people or spend numerous years attempting to improve the systems...Good LUCK~! I have decided to take my knowledge, skills, and abilities out of Tucson.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

willa366@gmail.com in Tucson, Arizona

9 months ago

Dismayed in Tucson in Tucson, Arizona said: I moved here with over ten years of business and project management experience, including various education program development , non-profit, small business, and corporate training and development experience. I also have a Bachelor's in Spanish and Business and an undergrad study emphasis on border economic regional development, thus, my interest in moving to Tucson. This is not a city to create any professional development opportunities, however, possibly a low paycheck as the median income has only grown $3000 in 30 years. This is a severely underdeveloped "small town" (so they use as an excuse) for a lack of a developed infrastructure, lack of quality in education, and customer service . However, there is a high population of overpaid ineffective city, county, and higher educational "professionals" here. Change Agents are needed but you must be financially prepared to enter as a civil rights, employee rights, and educational rights advocate. Not a good move to make to Tucson unless all you want to enjoy is the wonderful sunsets, weather, hospitality , and great people or spend numerous years attempting to improve the systems...Good LUCK~! I have decided to take my knowledge, skills, and abilities out of Tucson.

I could not agree with you more about your well-thought-out, fair and comprehensive comment. The main cause of the "dead-end" Tucson standard is the lack of infrastructure. That, and its deceptive mission statement. I, too, will say something nice about beautiful sunsets and the glories of its simplistic physical beauty, but Tucson's dirty lining makes it not at all worth it. I'd give anything never to have come here. I've got the strength to 'get out' and move forward to a good future. May God give me an idea how to have the money or resources to do it now. Shall we pray.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jiffy in San Gabriel, California

3 months ago

DON'T MOVE TO TUCSON unless you have a trust fund. There are no decent jobs. You Even Raytheon has a hard time attracting qualified people because their spouses can't find equivalent employment. This is a dirty, dead-end town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.