RN new grad need a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

passy, in Prescott Valley, Arizona

65 months ago

Can someone help me please, I am trying to find an RN position in arizona. I graduated in 2008 and have not had an opportunity yet. All new grad programs are either full or they are frozen, other positions are asking for 1 yr experience. I am not choosing-longterm care setting or hospital setting is okey just so I can at least get some experience.

Please help. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

channing in Tucson, Arizona

64 months ago

good luck im in the same situation, their are no new grad programs in tucson, az . im trying to look now in all of arizona.
if anyone knows of a hospital, please email me too and let me know , thanx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lovely in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

I'm in the same situation...there are no new grad positions/new grad programs anywhere in Arizona that I've known...whether new grad positions are filled or they froze the hiring due to the slowing economy. They're hiring for at least one year experience...It's been 6 months now that I'm not working...I'm desperately looking for a job, whether in the long term care, sub-acute care, rehab, hospice, home care...anything that is related to my career is OKAY. PLEASE HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pal in Prescott Valley, Arizona

64 months ago

hey lovely,
Have you tried out of state? Do you mind if I ask you which country you come from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lovely in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

Nope, I did not tried out of State yet, probably will-:) Are you not from the United States?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pal in Prescott Valley, Arizona

64 months ago

I am, but still cannot find work in my own state. I am looking out of state.. There seem to be more openings in Texas, Virginia and other NLN compacts states

weiler in Las Vegas, Nevada

64 months ago

also try Puremedicaljobsdotcom good luck!

ion in Whittier, California

63 months ago

same here.. even here in california is no luck... i dont get how can we get our 1 year of experience if no one is hiring us? we didn't get to a 4 year BS nursing program for nothing... and isn't having our license and passing the board exam is enough for us to practice safely? i dont get it!!!! this is getting frustrating... we need help

pink in Endicott, New York

62 months ago

Our hospital in upstate New York is hiring. It starts @ $22.8/h and $10,000 tuition reimbursement for 2 yrs. Let me know if ur interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lovely in Glendale, Arizona

62 months ago

Is that tuition reimbursement is the reimbursement while you are in the nursing school of if you study from ADN-RN to BSN-RN?

62 months ago

It is for new graduates from nursing school. They pay $5000, for ADN and $10,000 over 2 yrs. A free Kaplan review for the NCLEX, a free littman stethoscope and an ipod touch, 3 months orientation. Not bad. let me know if you are interested. I am currently in my 2nd year with them and I like where I am.

passy in Prescott Valley, Arizona

62 months ago

pink in Endicott, New York said: Our hospital in upstate New York is hiring. It starts @ $22.8/h and $10,000 tuition reimbursement for 2 yrs. Let me know if ur interested.

please provide me with details.I already passed NCLEX last Year in June and havent found a job yet. my email is vale2002ke@yahoo.com

chrisRN in Oakland, California

62 months ago

hello pink in endicot. me and my husband are so much interested in the new grad program. can you give me your number so we can call you. we already passed our nclex and have some certifications. thanks.

62 months ago

email me @ tsutton1@gmail.com and give me ur #, I will call u.
thanks
pink

Joanna2009 in Garfield, New Jersey

62 months ago

hi.... i'm moving to AZ at the end of this month and now i'm scared... i passed my nclex and i thought that there are planty of jobs out there.... whats going on???? if anyone has any information please email me... jchoregiewicz@msn.com thank you!
Joanna

pal in Prescott Valley, Arizona

62 months ago

The economy here really bad because of the real estate collapse and all financial crisis. However, I see alot of job offers requiring @least 6 months experience...if you have some experience you have an advantage. All the best!

Joanna2009 in Garfield, New Jersey

62 months ago

pal in Prescott Valley, Arizona said: The economy here really bad because of the real estate collapse and all financial crisis. However, I see alot of job offers requiring @least 6 months experience...if you have some experience you have an advantage. All the best!

thank you for your response!

miko in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

hey guys.i just got my job today.im a new RN and have no experience except for my 4mos as an NA and my 4 yr BSN exposure..there were 2 hospitals who were after me.try to apply on Desert Life Rahab because i didn't accept there offer..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea2008 in Madison, Alabama

61 months ago

Yeah, I really understand your pain. I received my RN in 2008 and pursued my BSN at UAH;just finished July 2009.I have 13 years experience as an LPN and 1 year experience as an RN.However, I'm looking for a job in a hospital setting because I haven't worked in a hospital yet. I was told that I have to go throug a new graduate orientation but the hospitals here in Huntsville only offer their new graduate orientation one time a year.I have experience in corrections,long-term, peds,and home health.I've applied for several RN positions but I've had no luck yet. At this point,I just need a RN job. Pleas Help someone!

Andrea2008 in Madison, Alabama

61 months ago

Yeah, I really understand your pain. I received my RN in 2008 and pursued my BSN at UAH;just finished July 2009.I have 13 years experience as an LPN and 1 year experience as an RN.However, I'm looking for a job in a hospital setting because I haven't worked in a hospital yet. I was told that I have to go throug a new graduate orientation but the hospitals here in Huntsville only offer new graduate orientation once a year.I have experience in corrections,long-term, peds,and home health.I've applied for several RN positions but I've had no luck yet. At this point,I just want a RN job. Please Help someone!

pal in San Antonio, Texas

61 months ago

try baptist health system in texas or methodist

joanna85 in Peoria, Arizona

61 months ago

i'm still looking.. its really hard these days..

RN in Nashville, Tennessee

61 months ago

joanna85 in Peoria, Arizona said: i'm still looking.. its really hard these days..

I LIVE IN AZ AND NEAR A LOCAL NURSING SCHOOL AND WE HAVE PLENTY OF JOBS OFFERS FOR NEW GRADS AS WELL. HAVE YOU TRIED APPLYING FOR THE JOB EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY EXPIERENCE NEEDED DOESN'T MEAN THEY WONT FILL THE SPOT WITH YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lovely in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

I graduated my RN last year here in AZ and still don't have a job, will you please specify which local nursing school have plenty of jobs offer for new grads? I do appreciate it.

new grad rn in Flushing, New York

59 months ago

pink in Endicott, New York said: Our hospital in upstate New York is hiring. It starts @ $22.8/h and $10,000 tuition reimbursement for 2 yrs. Let me know if ur interested.

I am interested in your info. if you can give me more details about it, I will really appreciate it. my email address is ibbni37@hotmail.com. Thank you again.

keybi in Vallejo, California

58 months ago

same problem here in CA! would anyone recommend any hospitals or facilities to apply to? I'm a new grad too.. i would not mind going out of state. You can email me thru: alexismaytorres@gmail.com. Thank you!

single mom in Albany, New York

58 months ago

passy, in Prescott Valley, Arizona said: Can someone help me please, I am trying to find an RN position in arizona. I graduated in 2008 and have not had an opportunity yet. All new grad programs are either full or they are frozen, other positions are asking for 1 yr experience. I am not choosing-longterm care setting or hospital setting is okey just so I can at least get some experience.

Please help. thanks

Hi there.. I was hoping you're open to other doors, maybe you would like to try Albany, NY. Unless you hate cold, then this is not the right place for you. Have you ever tried applying at Nursing Homes and Rehab? They might be able to help you to start your RN job. I hoped this helps.

58 months ago

hi single mom in Albany, New York! yes i am willing to work in albany. could you give me details regarding this? thank you. i am currently applying for reciprocity of license to NY. I am open to relocating to other states. :) yes i have already tried applying to nursing homes and rehab. everyone's cutting back on employees. Too bad for us new grads. thank you!

58 months ago

Hi there.. check these websites:

lawsonrecruit.che.org/recruit/servlet/com.lawson.ijob.QuickCandidate?vendor=2

www.amc.edu/hr/index.cfm

www.nehealth.com/

www.health.state.ny.us

Try these first.. I hope to provide more hospitals/nursing homes/rehabs

Good Luck!

58 months ago

keybi in Vallejo, California said: hi single mom in Albany, New York! yes i am willing to work in albany. could you give me details regarding this? thank you. i am currently applying for reciprocity of license to NY. I am open to relocating to other states. :) yes i have already tried applying to nursing homes and rehab. everyone's cutting back on employees. Too bad for us new grads. thank you!

And you're from my hometown :o) I missed Norcal.

58 months ago

thank you very much! it was very helpful! :)

eminet abate in Anaheim, California

58 months ago

I am a new grad RN. I have applied in many hospitals and I didn't hear any thing from them. I am very desparate now and I don't know what my next step should be. I urgently need your advice

keybi in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

i'm at anaheim too. just attended the career fair by advance and no opportunities for new grads.. too bad for us.

keybi in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

i'm at anaheim too. just attended a career fair at the anaheim convention center. no luck for new grad RNs.. too bad for us..

Nate in Paradise Valley, Arizona

58 months ago

I am graduating this December. I've looked at jobs but have not applied yet...this situation is honestly scaring me. I attended a career fair yesterday in Phoenix and was told by many of the hospitals recruiting that relocation out of Arizona is the best option for new grad RN's.

pal in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

Believe it or not, if you are not well connected you don't have a choice. I had to relocate to Texas this past Aug and I cannot regret.try baptist health system or methodist in texas

channing in Tucson, Arizona

57 months ago

[[;ease let me know whish places are hiring ...i graduated in dec 2008. im still looking for a job in tucson,az.

frustrated in Globe, Arizona

57 months ago

i was told the banner system is not hiring any new grads, and i have applied to several that say they prefer people with experience. i have applied at probably 80 or so jobs in the phoenix valley as a new grad. Does anyone have any recent info on which hospitals are actually considering new grads?

garisme1 in Washington, District of Columbia

57 months ago

it's been three months since I've been applying for new rn graduates positions in DC and MD, but I never got an interview with anyone.I want to know what kind of experience the employers need as a new grad.

Jenn in Scottsdale, Arizona

57 months ago

frustrated in Globe, Arizona said: i was told the banner system is not hiring any new grads, and i have applied to several that say they prefer people with experience. i have applied at probably 80 or so jobs in the phoenix valley as a new grad. Does anyone have any recent info on which hospitals are actually considering new grads?

That is not true. It's about connections and showing them that you are a great candidate. My friend just got a job with Banner and she has yet to graduate and is not apart of their fellowship program. She stood out during a clinical rotation at a facility and the staff there got her the job. My recommendations would be to go to all the hospitals that you did your classes at and hopefully they will remember you. If you have been applying for jobs and haven't found one try out of state. Have your family or old teachers look at your resume. Be bold and aggressive by going to the hospital to speak with someone in person.

why in Piscataway, New Jersey

57 months ago

frustrated in Globe, Arizona said: i was told the banner system is not hiring any new grads, and i have applied to several that say they prefer people with experience. i have applied at probably 80 or so jobs in the phoenix valley as a new grad. Does anyone have any recent info on which hospitals are actually considering new grads?

Try to apply in an any Nursing Home and Rehab. facility. They are always hiring RN/LPN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

why in Piscataway, New Jersey

57 months ago

Joanna2009 in Garfield, New Jersey said: hi.... i'm moving to AZ at the end of this month and now i'm scared... i passed my nclex and i thought that there are planty of jobs out there.... whats going on???? if anyone has any information please email me... jchoregiewicz@msn.com thank you!
Joanna

I will say stay in NJ....near the tri-state area. They like new grads. here.
Look at the Sunday Star Ledger classified and career builder.
GOOD LUCK..

Friendly in Iselin, New Jersey

56 months ago

hi,

I really would like to know te hospital tat iring new grads. i really appreciate it. My email address is kamlavanya@gmail.com
Thank you

arjon76 in Oakland, California

56 months ago

eminet abate in Anaheim, California said: I am a new grad RN. I have applied in many hospitals and I didn't hear any thing from them. I am very desparate now and I don't know what my next step should be. I urgently need your advice

I feel what we're going thru. It's painfully the same here. It's a vicious cycle: how could we get experience when these hospitals don't want to give us any experience? It's really frustrating indeed...

billy in Chandler, Arizona

55 months ago

let me know which hospital is hiring new grad for sure. i can travel anywhere. here is my email address billyt858@yahoo.com

Wendibruner@hotmail.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

55 months ago

I will be graduating in April of 2010 and my husband and I thought we might move to Tucson, AZ. He has family out there and we want to move out there to be with them. Now, after reading all of the comments, I wonder if that's a food idea or not.

JAC in North Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

channing in Tucson, Arizona said: good luck im in the same situation, their are no new grad programs in tucson, az . im trying to look now in all of arizona.
if anyone knows of a hospital, please email me too and let me know , thanx!

GO try Desert View Hospital, Pahrump, NV they are hiring now

Billy in Bakersfield, California

51 months ago

I finally found a job in a specialty area.. Thank God. with no experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cutegrltoyaRN in Brandon, Florida

51 months ago

Hi Billy in Bakersfield, CA where did you apply? I am an RN, but I just got my license in January and I have been having the same problem. I live in Florida and the jobs here all want a year experience too. What do I have to do to get some experience if no one will give me a shot.

pal in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

51 months ago

baptist health system in san antonion Texas is a good place to check out...the pay is low but they're always hiring.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.