Worst Companies To Work For In Tucson?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 130)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Mr. Incredible in Tucson, Arizona

74 months ago

One of the worst organizations to work for in Tucson is the Indian Health Service (IHS). Backstabbing and Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) behaviors seem to be the norm.
Also, if you are a nurse and not part of the "in" crowd, expect lateral violence especially is you take good care of yourself. Throw in a touch of ethnocentrism and you really have a bad place to work. If you are Asian, Black, foreign, or Not a member of the local tribes, you will be picked on. Surprisingly, if you are white, the local natives will give you the benefit of the doubt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

74 months ago

Mr. Incredible in Tucson, Arizona said: One of the worst organizations to work for in Tucson is the Indian Health Service (IHS). Backstabbing and Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) behaviors seem to be the norm.
Also, if you are a nurse and not part of the "in" crowd, expect lateral violence especially is you take good care of yourself. Throw in a touch of ethnocentrism and you really have a bad place to work. If you are Asian, Black, foreign, or Not a member of the local tribes, you will be picked on. Surprisingly, if you are white, the local natives will give you the benefit of the doubt.

What is lateral violence? I'm not familiar with that term.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

InShado in Tucson, Arizona

73 months ago

Another one? Securitech.
Background investigators. Their hiring and firing procedures aren't necessarily illegal (who can prove it?) but it's unethical. It's all about the bottom line and like alot of companies in tucson they hire when they're busy for a month and then let you go. Then hire another batch of unsuspecting hirees and then...let them go. They lie straight to your face. You don't expect to be treated like you're indispensable in Tucson that won't happen, but you do expect respect. You won't get it there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tas2jazz in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

Keep away from SECURITAS SECURITY USA INC. They don't give a damn about employees and are not truthful to their clients or employees. Their always messing up your paycheck and its takes them forever to fix it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RunningDogs in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

Securitas talks up their company, it's professionalism & ethics to the sky. Big deal. The pay is really poor: $8.50 an hour. The training is cursory at best. They hire just about anyone who has breath. There's NO company paid benefits and the office will mess up your schedule. New Guards come & go like flies. While other Tucson security firms aren't much better - at least they aren't hypocrites about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Penny S. in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

Egad it's AFNI ... yep its a Call-Center now located on La Cholla & River Rd., handles Verizon's cell phones / customer accounts. Let's see: ZERO tolerance policy while in training, NO absences, NO tardies whatsoever. Very crowded and sterile new facility. Pay is really bad, measly $9.50 per hr. to hear dramatically inspired & spoiled suburbanites whine loud and long. High employee turnover. To survive you have be nearly perfect in every measurement while taking heavy inbound calls. Like many other companies who outsource their calls AFNI is a modern day sweatshop. You can do better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

Have you seen those Online Survey Takers and Mystery Shopper ads on the web, now advertised on the famous C-list in Help Wanted - General? Don't fall for these Pay-a-fee-for-getting-scammed adverts. Real Mystery Shopper jobs and Survey Taker jobs found thru local Temp Agencies don't charge a "member signup fee" or "club fee" or "site registration" fee. Worst is the so-called pseudo; "33 Year Old Former Dallas News Reporter Uncovers Secret Shopper Fraud" articles, with links, found online via search engines. The very thing they are supposedly warning against they commit against naive & unwary job seekers. Pay a fee to look up what these online marketing and Survey Companies will pay? What a ripoff!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

Tracie K. in Tucson, Arizona said: AFNI does suck. Don't work there.

I would not work at ANY call center in Tucson or in any city. The pay maybe good, but dealing with nasty customers, meeting ridiculous quotas, keeping your handle time down, nasty supervisors and managers, and ridiculous hours it is NOT worth it. With the economy the way it is now, I guess we should all move out of Tucson, and move to Cleveland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zipper in Tucson, Arizona

71 months ago

Don't work for Parker Hannifin in Tucson.They will have other employees lie to get you fired. Guys would you want your wife to work at a place that allows sexual misconduct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cyclist in Tucson, Arizona

71 months ago

Does anyone have experience working with Raytheon?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

focus555 in Tucson, Arizona

71 months ago

WHITE EAGLE MACHINE SHOP IN TUCSON IS BY FAR THE WORST MACHINE SHOP TO WORK FOR IN THIS TOWN. IT IS A SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS THAT IS VERY ABUSIVE. IF THEY ARE NOT ABUSEING ONE ANOTHER THROUGH WORDS AND PHYSICAL ABUSE, THEY ARE VERBALY ABUSEING THERE EMPLOYEES. THE OWNER HAS ALSO BEEN KNOWN TO WORK FAMILY MEMBERS WHO COME OVER FROM POLAND FOR A VISET AND PAY THEM CASH UNDER THE TABLE TO TAKE BACK HOME TO POLAND. WOULD BE PERFECT FOR AN ABUSIVE HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND TO WORK...HE COULD THEN GET A GOOD TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDACINE...THE OWNER GETS OFF ON NAME CALLING BIG TIME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

focus555 in Tucson, Arizona

69 months ago

Jimmy in Tucson, Arizona said: I worked there for over two years, and I do strongly disagree with this post. I know owner pretty well and I've never seen him being abusive toward anyone. It is a tuff profession, and simply not anyone can do it. I've seen many people in my 30 years career, and I have to say that the owner handles some people well too well. Me, I wouldn't have that patience. It's is not easy to control your temper, but the owner does it well, not like some people working for him.
I think I know what bothers you. I have seen a lot of people at White Eagle having the same problem - they work for an immigrant! You have to work for someone who don't speak English too well, still is doing well better than you. I've got a news for you - don't have to work there. It's a free country. Simply look for a place, where you be happy. But please don't DISCRIMINATE !!!

you are simply full of it when you say you have never seen him be abusive to anyone and that the owner controls his temper. Maybe you are just ONE of the family trying to protect him? He is mean and hateful and treats people awful! Have you ever worked for him yourself? If not--and only know him from short dealings with him , then you know nothing! Because outside of the shop he can be a decent human being. But as a employer he is MEAN!
This has NOTHING to do with him being polish but has much to do with how he treats his employees..the very few he has. The ones who continue to remain dedicated to him do so out of the fact that they have no other place to go work!
None of this has to do with working for an immigrant..get real!! Nearly everyone has immigranted from some other place! For someone as himself as you say can't talk very good english which is true, then he has no room to make fun of our english language like he does..now does he?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Doglover in Leominster, Massachusetts

69 months ago

any more info on Rain bird would be helpful. Have to have as much honest feed back before I make a long relocation for nothing, or worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marco Polo in Scottsdale, Arizona

68 months ago

Rain Bird is an awful place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marco Polo in Scottsdale, Arizona

68 months ago

I worked at Rain Bird a few years ago. The place was a horror show.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

DONT EVER WORK FOR AGM CONTAINER CONTROL, ITS FAMILY OWNED, AND THE PRESIDENT - CEO IS JUST FULL OF HIMSELF, TAKING PICTURES RECIEVING AWARDS FOR ANYTHING HE CAN GET.AS FOR THE ENPLOYEES THEY WORK HARD, BUT THE PRESIDENT IS A 2 FACE. WORK INVIREMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DUST FREE AND ITS A MESS, YOU CAN SAY ITS A SWEATSHOP. PAY IS NOT GOOD FOR WHAT PEOPLE DO, THAT COMPANY JUST MAKES IT LOOK GOOD,BUT THE BENIFITS SUCK. THERES NO SICK LEAVE JUST VACATION IF YOUR SICK YOU GOTTA USE VACATION. THAT FAMILY HAS SILLY TRADITIONS THAT EMPLOYEES HAVE TO FOLLOW THEY CANNOT REFUSE. EVERYTHING IS TO THERE BENEFIT THEY RAISE HEALTH INSURANCE EVERY YEAR. OH YEAH CHECK OUT THERE WEBSITE VERY ELEMENTARY NOT PROFFESIONAL AT ALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

east coast girl in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

cyclist in Tucson, Arizona said: Does anyone have experience working with Raytheon?

Raytheon is an excellent company all the way around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

nascarkid54toth in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

zipper in Tucson, Arizona said: Don't work for Parker Hannifin in Tucson.They will have other employees lie to get you fired. Guys would you want your wife to work at a place that allows sexual misconduct.

I worked for Parker Hannifin for a short time, but I did`t see or hear of any sexual misconduct. It actually was a pretty good place to work for!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

T man in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

All independent autobody repair shops in tucson are criminal to say the least. They can't steal from the ins. companies any more so they 2sheet the techs to try to make up for thier lack of repair knowledge on the other end.there have been no less than 3 labor rate increases in the last 2 years and none of the independent shops have increased bodymens pay at all. the atmosphere in these shops is( allow us to screw you or whe'll screw you!). None of these places know anything about doing a proper and quality repair on your vehicle therefore leaving the customer with a screwed up car. thier (just get it out) attitude creates an extremely poor repair and a dangerous automobile to be in should you be in another accident.Here in tucson the shop owners don't run thier shops, the ins. co's do. It makes no sense to work for a company that is inable to control it's own business. Without exception, the wor'st of them all is National auto collision ctrs!!! The owner will lie to the customers and the employees just so he don't have to deal with the issues at the time.His shop manager is a loud obnoxious woman who knows nothing about fixing collision damage, and his daughter is nothing less than brain dead, and yet these are the people he has running his shops. Amazing,the amount of liability they dump on the techs because if thier greed and ignorance. Good Luck if you work for one of these places.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A.S. Tucson in Albuquerque, New Mexico

66 months ago

Jessica in Tucson, Arizona said: Citi Cards in Tucson really sucks. Do not work there.

Hey I've been at Citicards for three years love it there!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

MR Overtime in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

Penny S. in Tucson, Arizona said: Egad it's AFNI ... yep its a Call-Center now located on La Cholla & River Rd., handles Verizon's cell phones / customer accounts. Let's see: ZERO tolerance policy while in training, NO absences, NO tardies whatsoever. Very crowded and sterile new facility. Pay is really bad, measly $9.50 per hr. to hear dramatically inspired & spoiled suburbanites whine loud and long. High employee turnover. To survive you have be nearly perfect in every measurement while taking heavy inbound calls. Like many other companies who outsource their calls AFNI is a modern day sweatshop. You can do better.

AFNI is the worse. Ive worked 3 other call centers. AFNI is pathetic like its clients too. ZERO fault tolerance is right. DO ONE THING WRONG YOUR FIRED. FOOTHILLS MALL is worse. Ive worked at both centers. Riverside and foothills mall. still work at one of them. dont work there. Unless your MR perfect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The pissed off Carrier in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

Don't ever be a newspaper carrier on the eastside!!! Only if you want to treated worse than a piece of dirt on the ground!! James is the manager there has no people skills, All the carriers want to know how he is still working there? So again it's not just they want the world from you and the pay suck's after gas and wear and tear on your car, on top of all of that you have to deal with a class a jackass you think's you owe him the world!!! be careful go to Midway it's on speedway and swan!!1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

The pissed off Carrier in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

The pissed off Carrier in Tucson, Arizona said: Don't ever be a newspaper carrier on the eastside!!! Only if you want to treated worse than a piece of dirt on the ground!! James is the manager there has no people skills, All the carriers want to know how he is still working there? So again it's not just they want the world from you and the pay suck's after gas and wear and tear on your car, on top of all of that you have to deal with a class a jackass you think's you owe him the world!! go to Midway it's on speedway and swan!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JC in Grand Rapids, Michigan

66 months ago

WHATS THE MEDICAL AREA LIKE IN TUSON. LOOKING TO RELOCATE MRI TECHNOLOGIST WORK HOURS/PAY ETC.

JP in Vancouver, Washington

65 months ago

laid off and want to re-locate any ideas on cnc tube bending jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Truthful Jaine in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

DO NOT ACCEPT ANY JOBS AT MOUNTAIN VIEW RETIREMENT VILLAGE!
Administrator displays bipolar behavior. Will be "sweet, charming" to find out your business and then use it against you. Activity Director is a snitch as well as the women who work marketing. The few men on the team are spineless and wimps and allow the women to control them. Management team run by white, females better known as the "Bitches of Eastwick". The company is predjuidce against minorities (keep them in low jobs including pay) and are also homophobic.Better off workingat McDonalds!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

UsurpMbak in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

If you like getting fired after being "Hot-seated" and protest e.g. your computer workstation gets taken away by some twit while you're on lunch read on. This 'high school' insanity is official co. policy just 'cause management says they can (even when there's plenty of empty seats nearby) then brutal AFNI's the best call center to work in. If one attempts to protect the computer /seat / station by removing a power cord they'll happily fire you with self-righteous smugness written all over them, even though their insane policy caused the trouble. What a bunch of hypocrites, so much like high school! Don't go there. Move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nonymous girl in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

Wow: Afni's high school atmosphere, so right. A depressing place. Its like being tortured. Many good people got fired, or they just quit after a short time there. I hated every moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ex-long agent in Tucson, Arizona

64 months ago

Neverlander in Tucson, Arizona said: Curious about Long Realty and/or other Long Companies-Agents and staff?

Long Realty tries to keep agents by saying they are better than the rest. Many agents left finally after giving so much of their money to go work elsewhere and pay much less. And paying the fees for their University is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

notintuit in Benson, Arizona

64 months ago

Intuit - lots of glowing promises from management but you can't take a second off to attend any of the perks. Get hired as a seasonal with implicit promise of 4 months of employment and then laid off after the initial one month rush of customer questions (tax season). Too much wrong with it to go into along list (bad training, bad software, bad everything)- just don't bother. Only the scum rise to the top.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thank you former AFNI employees for warning me about how bad the call center is. I was about to go to their job fair the next day, but now have second thoughts after reading all of the comments about how bad the center REALLY is. Again, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ex-VMS'er in Tucson, Arizona

63 months ago

Diane in Tucson, Arizona said: VMS Voicetrak is a hellhole. Do not work there.

People are miserable there unless you are one of the original brown-noser's who either are family, family friends or don't mind being treated horribly. Very very high turnover! STAY AWAY FROM THERE! TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Tucson, Arizona

63 months ago

Stay way from Desert Whale Jojoba Company. This company has a high turnover. Employees are set up to fail. "Extremely Toxic environment"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lease/operator in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

For those of you who manage restaurant...Steer clear of the Yokohama Rice Bowls, aka Yokohama Asian Fresh. with ties to Weinersnitzle
The CEO(Wyatt Huranamous) wants managers to become lease operators.Saving him any loss & without training the manager how to operate their own business.Then when the manager leaves or looses their lease. He and his attorney create fictitious law suites against the former manager, to try and re coupe his losses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dvnt in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

I wish I could have an opinion here but I cannot find a job in Tucson no matter how hard I try. I am young, skilled, energetic, yadda, yudda, yadda...and still nothing. When I had a 6 month work visa in the UK (Glasgow) I was able to find way better jobs, faster, and they are considered economically depressed! My advice is that unless you are independently wealthy or self-employed, look for your career opportunities elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nascarkid54toth in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

I understand your feelings completely because I am in the same situation as you are!!! For the jobs that I am completely qualified for and with the experience to go along with it, they don`t even respond to your applications!!!!! My only other alternative is to move back to Connecticut where my skills and experience was appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

nascarkid54toth in Tucson, Arizona said: I understand your feelings completely because I am in the same situation as you are!!! For the jobs that I am completely qualified for and with the experience to go along with it, they don`t even respond to your applications!!!!! My only other alternative is to move back to Connecticut where my skills and experience was appreciated.

Yep, that is true. I have applied for LOTS of jobs that I am qualified for, but they NEVER call me, and when I call for a follow-up, some other twit got the job. Tucson is a pit when it comes down to jobs, and if I didn't have family here I would have left Tucson in a heartbeat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Reddbehrens in O Fallon, Missouri

61 months ago

I agree: Stay Away from Securitas!!!
Securitas has a well known reputation for treating their people badly and lying to them. Their managers are often incompetent and do not care about their people.
I know of one Securitas manager who likes to insult and make fun of the officers while talking to supervisors. He also trashes supervisors when talking to the officers.
Securitas is also known for not backing up or defending their guards. I know of several officers who complained of being abused by client employees, and Securitas removed the officers from the account or fired them. Securitas treated the guards like criminals becaused they dared to complain about client employees. Many Securitas managers only view employees as money makers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nicecompanyturnedcorporate

61 months ago

Avoid the Carondelet facilities. Once they were a really nice place to work. But now are Corporate-affiliated with Ascension healthcare. After 24 years of dedicated service I was terminated after an on the job injury that delayed my turning in a required report 1 day late (I had it prior to the required day but spent that shift in the er), the excuse for my termination was lack of commitment. And the appeals process took me from one manager to the next who all supported each other. And now searching for a job after 24 years I have no decent references, not to mention no 401k or other retirement.And since they are non-profit They don't have to offer extended insurance. So at 50 I'm an unemployed, uninsured, experienced RN. Oh yes-I was also denied unemployment due to the termination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mckinney in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

cyclist in Tucson, Arizona said: Does anyone have experience working with Raytheon?

Raytheon has some good points but don't work in their finance department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bubbles in Tucson, Arizona

61 months ago

Pelservco in Tucson, Arizona said: I would not recommend a company known as "Handi Car" in Tucson, they are a low paying, employee dis-respecting and otherwise bad place to work for. The management displays hostility for the drivers and, in general, is a hostile workplace.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

someone who knows in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Stay away from Anewco Products!! They are a company that is sinking fast! The operation manager is a liar and lies streight to the face of the owner. They do nothing to resolve problems. They even have one known drug dealer who works as a cnc machinest and they do nothing about it. They steal overtime pay from you also!! if you worked 43...45...50 hrs in one week...they will scratch it out and put 40 hrs. They have done it to every single person in the shop oweing them plenty of overtime they refuse to pay!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pelservco in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

bubbles in Tucson, Arizona said: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This must be Harry, so-called "manager" of Handicar. Shall I elaborate on the reasons why I advise people to stay away from handicar?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bubbles in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Pelservco in Tucson, Arizona said: This must be Harry, so-called "manager" of Handicar. Shall I elaborate on the reasons why I advise people to stay away from handicar?

Sorry no. I guess they have new management, because there was no Harry working there when I was there.

I used to work for Handicar back in the 80’s when they were located on 22nd street. They got around paying their drivers overtime for anything more than 40 hours, stating they were a “taxi” service. Meaning you got straight hours +25 cents an hour over 40 hours. I hope they still aren’t doing that. If they are, then it’s their employee’s own fault for staying there.

They didn’t have mini vans like I see around town now. Must be nice sit in a nice cushy mini van with AC in Tucson in the middle of summer. I was always got stuck in a van that had no AC. And a diesel van no less. Talk about stinky.

And from what I remember it was hard to get fired from the place. They would let the drivers get away with a lot of BS, like taking the vans for personal use. I used to laugh at management because they were always hiring back drivers that quit or would bad mouth the place. I mean really, why hire back a person that was never happy with the job in the first place, and was so vocal about it? I wonder if they still do that. It can’t be good for business.

Other than the vans, nice to know some things haven’t changed and that I didn’t miss out on anything.

I wonder if they are even owned by the same people? For the life of me I can’t remember who owned it or ran the place back then.

BTW the name's Bella, BB or Bubbles.

60 months ago

The Harry I refer to is the "Ops Manager", he claims to have been there in the '80s (Personally, I don't believe a word he says).

They got around paying their drivers overtime for anything more than 40 hours, stating they were a “taxi” service. Meaning you got straight hours +25 cents an hour over 40 hours.

* They apparently bought themselves a lawsuit on that one. (Ray S).
Now, they only "allow" their drivers abt 5 hrs overtime. They send them home after that.

I hope they still aren’t doing that. If they are, then it’s their employee’s own fault for staying there.

* I agree. If a person is dumb enough to stay at that place, they get what they ask for, which is disrespect and very little compensation.

...I was always got stuck in a van that had no AC. And a diesel van no less. Talk about stinky. ...

* Yes, and they are on their way back to that. There really is no maintenanc program there, only someone who calls himself a "mechanic". He does not seem to be very knowledgeable OR efficient. He sends the broken vans to a place called Gibbs Automotive to be fixed. I don't know why they need him for that.

...I used to laugh at management because they were always hiring back drivers that quit or would bad mouth the place...

* I still laugh at the management there.

Other than the vans, nice to know some things haven’t changed and that I didn’t miss out on anything.

I wonder if they are even owned by the same people? For the life of me I can’t remember who owned it or ran the place back then.

* Ed B passed away a few years ago. Supposely, the original owner is back.

BTW: Pay is very low. Around 7.60 per hour (was it 6.00 per hr when you were stuck at that place)?

BTW the name's Bella, BB or Bubbles.[/QUO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ben Blodgett in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

www.75dollarlimo.com - Have used this company several times, simple booking without having to call anyone. Driver was on time, great experience. I would never use another limo company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Another former employee in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Someone brought this to my attention because my name was used. I didn't write it, but it is completely accurate -- also, among other things, there are cameras aimed at your desk which display in the owner's office.

Another former employee in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Another former employee in Tucson, Arizona said: Someone brought this to my attention because my name was used. I didn't write it, but it is completely accurate -- also, among other things, there are cameras aimed at your desk which display in the owner's office.

This was regarding Tanya in Tucson's post about Desert Whale Jojoba Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheralynn in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Tanya in Tucson, Arizona said: Stay way from Desert Whale Jojoba Company. This company has a high turnover. Employees are set up to fail. "Extremely Toxic environment"

Nothing has changed...everyone that works there is searching for a new job!

60 months ago

<B>Did I mention the situation there is very ABUSIVE?</B>

Pelservco in Tucson, Arizona said: The Harry I refer to is the "Ops Manager", he claims to have been there in the '80s (Personally, I don't believe a word he says).

They got around paying their drivers overtime for anything more than 40 hours, stating they were a “taxi” service. Meaning you got straight hours +25 cents an hour over 40 hours.

* They apparently bought themselves a lawsuit on that one. (Ray S).
Now, they only "allow" their drivers abt 5 hrs overtime. They send them home after that.

I hope they still aren’t doing that. If they are, then it’s their employee’s own fault for staying there.

* I agree. If a person is dumb enough to stay at that place, they get what they ask for, which is disrespect and very little compensation.

...I was always got stuck in a van that had no AC. And a diesel van no less. Talk about stinky. ...

* Yes, and they are on their way back to that. There really is no maintenanc program there, only someone who calls himself a "mechanic". He does not seem to be very knowledgeable OR efficient. He sends the broken vans to a place called Gibbs Automotive to be fixed. I don't know why they need him for that.

...I used to laugh at management because they were always hiring back drivers that quit or would bad mouth the place...

* I still laugh at the management there.

* Ed B passed away a few years ago. Supposely, the original owner is back.

BTW: Pay is very low. Around 7.60 per hour (was it 6.00 per hr when you were stuck at that place)?

BTW the name's Bella, BB or Bubbles.[/QUO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.