Jobs??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Deb in Clearwater, Florida

91 months ago

We want to move to Valdosta to be near family and will be coming from the very busy and populated area of Pinellas County (Clearwater). We have learned that wages are much lower in Lowndes than here and we would like to secure jobs before making the move, as when my sister first moved there two years ago it took her one year to find a position and she had 15 years of banking experience and settled for a job making $6.50/hr in a doctor's office. I have 25 years of Administrative Assit experience in a major hospital and would like something in that field again. With that, I also have experience in scheduling patients and all of the "ins and outs" of working in an office. My husband is a Grounds Maintenace Worker for the City of Largo in the Parks Division. An attempt at a City of Valdosta grounds worker was unsuccesful. Do you have any suggestions on how to better approach businesses as an out of state applicant? Or do you know of any major companies that would be good to pursue? Thank you for any input. Deb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.