Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Valdosta?

Reply - Report abuse

starquilla lucas in Williston, North Dakota

85 months ago

we are moving to valdosta ga jan the 9th and i just want to know what jobs will be open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

NitaM in Valdosta, Georgia

83 months ago

starquilla lucas in Williston, North Dakota said: we are moving to valdosta ga jan the 9th and i just want to know what jobs will be open.

starquilla You live in North DaKota, my advise stay there as there are no good paying jobs in college town Valdosta, GA. My advice, don't move here ever! Yankee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

starquilla lucas in Williston, North Dakota said: we are moving to valdosta ga jan the 9th and i just want to know what jobs will be open.

No more good paying jobs here for you from the North here in Valdosta, GA. My advice, don't come here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Nita in Valdosta, Georgia

78 months ago

Grace in Valdosta, Georgia said: I wouldn't come here either. The job market stinks.

I agree. I haven't found any good jobs since moving here. Honestly, all I get is no respect, no job and turn down letters in response to my applications and resume that is excellent. I dress appropriately too. What gives with this place? How is the JM treating you these days? Thanks for responding to my post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tanya countee in Valdosta, Georgia

77 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Valdosta?

will there be any more health care homes/nursing homes or/and will there be any up coming jobs for people coming out of jail or prision that have any felons or out on parole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Valdosta, Georgia

75 months ago

I have been here since August and I still haven't found a job. I'm a medical coder and worked overseas before coming here. I'm thinking if coming to Valdosta was the right choice for me and my family. I see more jobs in my field in North Georgia or in Florida. It's crazy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANISSA REAVES in Valdosta, Georgia

75 months ago

I AGREE WITH THE LADY THAT MOVED HERE IN AUGUST BECAUSE I MOVED TO VALDOSTA,GA FROM FLORIDA & THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE!!!!!I WAS SUPPOSE TO MOVE TO ATLANTA EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT TOO LATE THIS PLACE WAS REALLY A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nita in Valdosta, GA in Valdosta, Georgia

75 months ago

Grace in Valdosta, Georgia said: I wouldn't come here either. The job market stinks.

Grace, have you found employment yet since posting here a few months ago? I hope you did. However, I still haven't though I've applied to too many places that offer jobs in my field of work but have not been called in to be interviewed. This is really sad!! Help bills are mounting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MP in Valdosta in Valdosta, Georgia

74 months ago

To all you imports, this town is very clickly, you have to know someone to get a decent job. My advice is make friends quickly and let them know you are looking. The pay scale for college grads sucks as well, always has!!!! Employers want to pay 8.00 and hour for a college grad.... What the heck!! I know the economy is bad but the pay has always been that way here.
Good luck!!

MP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

georgiarecruiter, thanks for your post. However, most jobs from this website are for Northern Georgia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

crcwood in Valdosta, Georgia

74 months ago

I had moved here 8yrs ago from Tennessee. The job market does stink. College grads make 8-10 an hr. The key to getting a job here is, when in an interview bring up football and know alot about it in Lowndes. From the time you move here do not tell people you are not from here..as they consider everyone not from here a yankee..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Crcwood, How do you get around that when they ask you where did you graduate from on an application? Secondly, what do you tell people where you are from? Valdosta? Did you notice who gets most of the jobs in town? I think there is a lot of inequality for whites more so than for blacks. Just an objective observer. Thanks for the advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tt in Norman Park, Georgia

72 months ago

Nita in Valdosta, GA in Valdosta, Georgia said: Like I said 8 months ago and still counting. No jobs if you are like me, from the North, not black, and do not have a southern drawl. Since 2006, I have not found a job, let alone that pays well either. My last job was in Sept. 06. I've obtained a college degree since and guess what? No job offers. What's the matter with this town anyway? It needs to be investigated for discrimination against out-of-town transplants who move here for a better life only to find out that it's a mistake because they will not hire you unless you KNOW SOMEBODY TO RECCOMMEND YOU for any jobs offered.

its not you its everybody, i cant find a job to save my life and this my home town

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Depress in Valdosta, Georgia

72 months ago

Sabrina in Valdosta, Georgia said: I have been here since August and I still haven't found a job. I'm a medical coder and worked overseas before coming here. I'm thinking if coming to Valdosta was the right choice for me and my family. I see more jobs in my field in North Georgia or in Florida. It's crazy!

I understand your pain, I moved here in July of last year, it took me 3 months to find the present job, that I took because I had no choice, the pays sucks and the job is very stressfull, I'm sorry that I moved here,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Depress in Valdosta, Georgia said: I understand your pain, I moved here in July of last year, it took me 3 months to find the present job, that I took because I had no choice, the pays sucks and the job is very stressfull, I'm sorry that I moved here,

Don't quit your present job and be on time no matter how stressful it is! It's a job and be thankful. Demonstrating food will be my lot in life soon but at least it will put food on the the table. No pun intended. LOL Keep in touch and remember to pray.

ihatewendys in Valdosta, Georgia

70 months ago

ive lived here muy whole life. the only places that ever hire are fast food. i know a lot of people that have jobs i want and they always recommend me but most places around here onoly hire in june and november. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Valdosta, Georgia

69 months ago

I was only looking for a part time job and after having little luck I started selling Avon. My daughter is looking for a part time job and right now the economy is so bad that when she goes to the places that usually hire teenagers they are employing more and more out of work adults. I don't think it's just Valdosta it seems to be bad everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bionie@yahoo.com in Rosedale, Maryland

68 months ago

The same happen to me too good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

bionie@yahoo.com in Rosedale, Maryland said: The same happen to me too good luck

Did you find employment there in Maryland as opposed to where you use to live in Valdosta? My prediction came true, I am officially a Food Demonstrator mainly on weekends here and there. I am not complaining, just thought I would be doing better in town with a degree and all. I am still looking. Department of Labor literally all tapped out for jobs. I went to the Job Fair for Home Depot and submitted an applicaton and wah la, no job and never got called for an interview. Is anybody out there hearing me? I'm not giving up in my search so don't you!

68 months ago

My daughter finally got a job in Cracker Barrel and to be honest I am making some money selling Avon in fact I became a Unit Leader and now I recruit others to become sales people. So if you hang in there you can find something eventually. I even put my web address on super pages in Valdosta under "Avon of Valdosta Georgia" For me starting my own business was a good choice and my daugher loves Cracker Barrel.
Don't ever give up, something good might be right around the corner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Good for you Mary and for your daughter too! I was thinking of selling Avon in my area and wondered if it would be good for me to have my own business as well. Que me in as I can do both jobs for the time being until the the Economy improves.

68 months ago

You can email me and give me your phone number and I will call you. There are lots of opportunities with Avon. My address is lovemyavon2@gmail.com. This is my web site
mbfrancis.avonrepresentative.com/
I would be happy to explain everything to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Towson, Maryland

68 months ago

Hah. They couldn't get me to go back to Valdosta if they BEGGED on hands and knees. I spent 3 years in that hellhole, 2 1/2 years of it unemployed, and the rest of the time in crap fast food jobs because it was the ONLY thing going.

I moved back to civilization in 2005, and within 2 months I was employed and making decent money. Now? I work for the federal government, baby. Valdosta likes to THINK its sh*t doesn't stink, but I assure you... it's the smelliest thing going.

You'd do better in Moron Manor or F'tard Falls, Idaho than here. Trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Carrie, I'm glad your doing well in Maryland. The manner in which you speak is much better suited for a government job up north than it is here in Valdosta. Good luck to you in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NitaM in Pinetta, Florida

64 months ago

Valdosta your sins are piled high to heaven for still not hiring me on a regular basis. It's an outrage! Doctor's Lab said in an interview that my qualifications were great but they picked somebody else. Griner Chevy is another one where they take your application and hire someone else besides you! Today I went to Turners Fine Furniture and did an another will call you Appication. I am not holding my breath if you know what I mean. My bills are stacked up and I want to move now anywhere but here!! Tallahassee perhaps might be my next move real soon!

nellwilliford@yahoo.com in Peru, Indiana

64 months ago

NitaM in Valdosta, Georgia said: starquilla You live in North DaKota, my advise stay there as there are no good paying jobs in college town Valdosta, GA. My advice, don't move here ever! Yankee!

I agreee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64 months ago

I am a former "Yankee" myself from NY and moved here in '93. It's been really rough for me and my family concerning getting any employment opportunities. Interviews are a total waste of time. Doctor's Lab thought my resume was impressive and picked somebody else. You can't get more qualified than me with my diverse background and all. Still I did not get the job I applied for. Dept. of labor is a joke and so is the Valdosta Daily Times rag. Mostly restaurant jobs here but they're taken by you know who. Good luck in Indiana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary In Valdosta in Valdosta, Georgia

64 months ago

Nita I was hoping you would have found a job by now. Sorry you didn't. It is harder now to find a job than before but I still love it here in Valdosta overall. Don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Mary, I demonstrate food in a supermarket store but not on a regular basis. Once every month or so. Every place that I ask for work say that they are not hiring at all. This is very frustrating and riduculous for businesses not to even consider anyone for employment. I once was told to loose my NY accent and now I know why, discrimination of place of orgin is what I really think it is. If you are not from Valdosta, you are not welcomed as far as working here is concerned. Why else wouldn't I be hired already with a college ed? It's pathetic and down right wrong for them to judge me and my work ethics based on how I speak and from where I came from before moving here. Thank you for caring.

Tiffany in Valdosta, Georgia

63 months ago

Ha! I was born and raised in Valdosta and have a bachelor's and can't find a job here either. I want to move!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

It's the same all over right now. Not just here. I have relatives in Florida, Virginia, and NY and no one can find a good paying job right now.

I'm sticking with my part time Avon job to get the extra's I need. I like it much better than slinging burgers.

63 months ago

Tiffany in Valdosta, Georgia said: Ha! I was born and raised in Valdosta and have a bachelor's and can't find a job here either. I want to move!

Tiffany, sorry to hear that you are having trouble too with finding a "career." However, for now, try to get a job in a field that is different from the one you were searching for; either part or full time until things get better. Now that the weather is cooler and the holidays are coming soon, you and I will have a chance to find something before November. Good luck.

63 months ago

Mary in Valdosta, Georgia said: It's the same all over right now. Not just here. I have relatives in Florida, Virginia, and NY and no one can find a good paying job right now.

I'm sticking with my part time Avon job to get the extra's I need. I like it much better than slinging burgers.

Mary, I am starting in my own small business in skin care (not Mary Kay or Avon). I am so excited cause my kit and business cards come on Friday. Btw, nothing wrong with slinging burgers if some people need to do that to pay bills at least that is a job too.

63 months ago

Good for you. I'm glad you have found something. I slung hambergers at Mc Donald's for four years. So no there is nothing wrong with it, I just prefer being my own boss and making my own hours. Good luck with your new business. I hope you make a lot of sales.

63 months ago

Mary in Valdosta, Georgia said: Good for you. I'm glad you have found something. I slung hambergers at Mc Donald's for four years. So no there is nothing wrong with it, I just prefer being my own boss and making my own hours. Good luck with your new business. I hope you make a lot of sales.

Hi Mary, that's a long time (4 years) to do that. I admire your perserverance about that especially in Valdosta the way they "fire at will." LOL Thanks for your kind words and I wish you well too with Avon. I am a consult for a new company called L'Bel Paris. All products are from Paris and all pure and hypo allergic. I ordered all interesting cosmetic skin care, make up and fragrance stuff this week and should arrive by Wednesday for me and my customers. I once was an Avon lady and a Mary Kay Consult briefly. A friend of mine in Ala. wanted me back in Mary Kay and I was going to do that until I discovered L'Bel Paris while searching for a job in Valdosta. LOL We're still friends; of course. LOL I buy something from MK that L'Bel Paris doesn't have from her online account and she buys something that Mary Kay doesn't offer with L'Bel Paris on my account. LOL
God bless you.
-Nita

59 months ago

I am now officially my own best customer. Nobody in the town wants to buy my company's cosmetics. How sad when most people here could use them to look and feel younger. Guess what? I look and feel younger and it's their loss and not mine. LOL

59 months ago

You should never be your own best customer. I started my business for $10 and honestly my business took off and now I am working in leadership. If you really want your own business and some help getting it off the ground let me know and I can get you started. I feel so bad your trying so hard. I think most people who start their own business don't do well because they don't get enough help getting started. They just had you a bunch of stuff and say good luck. I hate that and try to back my people up. In any case you have worked this long to make it here in Valdosta and I am sure you will do fine in the long run. I wish you lots of luck. Maybe some time I will run into you.

Roberto in Valdosta, Georgia

58 months ago

Having degrees in education, I would say that any kind of educational positions are limited in the entire state, including Valdosta. I know many people with Master's Degrees working as para pros making 15k a year. The one job I see constantly hiring locally is the medical field. I have known a lot of nurse graduates from the local college and all have obtained local jobs if they desired. However many of them move away because Valdosta is more a town for a family not an up and coming professional. And yes, Valdosta like many smaller towns is very political. Even growing up here, I am struggling to find a job.

Rebecca OConnor in North Bend, Oregon

56 months ago

Hey Nita, I happened upon this while looking for info good or bad on L'Bel I have been thinking of getting into it. you sound like a good place to start if you would email me with some information it would be very helpful maybe we could talk about it;) thank for your time:)

Rebecca

Rebecca OConnor in North Bend, Oregon

56 months ago

Rebecca OConnor in North Bend, Oregon said: Hey Nita, I happened upon this while looking for info good or bad on L'Bel I have been thinking of getting into it. you sound like a good place to start if you would email me with some information it would be very helpful maybe we could talk about it;) thank for your time:)

Rebecca

Well im an idiot..lol I see it was mary that was making the offer to help lol but i've done avon and it didn't work for me so...there ends that thread..i will keep investigating L'Bel and see what I can find out. I would still appreciate info on l'Bel:) thanks again.:)
Rebecca

54 months ago

Rebecca OConnor in North Bend, Oregon said: Well im an idiot..lol I see it was mary that was making the offer to help lol but i've done avon and it didn't work for me so...there ends that thread..i will keep investigating L'Bel and see what I can find out. I would still appreciate info on l'Bel:) thanks again.:)
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, you can get information about L'Bel by going to the Co's website: www.lbel.com The products are wonderful as i use them on myself. I had hoped to be successful in my area with it but unfortunately people don't care to hear about L'Bel in Valdosta.

54 months ago

Funtravel in Hephzibah, Georgia said: Online Telecommunication ownership is expanding in your area. We are pursuing people who desire to be proactive entrepreneurs or who are already entrepreneurs. There is personal wealth in technology especially telecommunication.

Here’s a fact, Carlos Slim is a Mexican engineer and businessman his focus on the telecommunications industry has currently made him the wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of around US$53.5 billion through his holdings.

My business partners and I currently have several office locations in the Metro Atlanta area and we are rapidly expanding. Due to our company’s rapid growth, we are committed to creating success. We are kicking off our national expansion by building a market in several areas. Due to the large response of the applications we receive, please follow the instructions below carefully.

To apply:
1. Candidates send your resume to the above e-mail address. DO NOT send any attachments. Copy resume and paste into e-mail. Attachments will NOT be opened.

2. In a 4 to 5 line paragraph, please state what we can expect from you being a member on our market expansion team.

3. Write in the Subject Line of your E-mail: “Interested in Marketing Wireless and VOIP Technologies”

4. Expect an e-mail response within 24 hours with your next steps in the application process.

ALL E-MAILS will be reviewed. Only accepting E-MAILS with no attachments! We will follow up with you via E-MAIL! Please periodically check your e-mail.

There is NO e-mail address to respond to.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.