Up and coming jobs in Vancouver

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Vancouver?

Reply - Report abuse

Saundra Jenkins in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Vancouver?

I am interested in job openings in the Vancouver, WA area for customer service call-center positions. Also any healthcare positions - ie: emergency rm clerk, admissions clerk, front desk office receptionist, and pbx/switchboard operator. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Casper in Portland, Oregon

83 months ago

Check Legacy and Kaiser

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leroy in Vancouver, Washington

79 months ago

Have you checked with Nautilus?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cherie in Portland, Oregon

78 months ago

How do you avoid the age question? I have worked in HR and Admin positions for many years. I took a break and moved. I have moved back in the area and have worked full time for a temp agency, hoping to land a full time permanent position; but the employment has been to cover those permanent employees who have taken either maternity or vacation leave . Many companies are experiencing cutbacks. I have great references, but because my "work history" shows my age- I know it it has been difficult for me to get on permanent again, because it reveals that I could retire early than they probably would like.

Do you have any comments on how to avoid this? My work history and performance shows my excellent skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Vancouver, Washington

74 months ago

I'm at the end of my rope. I'm a veteran, was in the military police/corrections field, and I have an AA degree. I'm more than willing to work hard and learn new things but I can't seem to land a job to save my life. It's been 8 months now and I'm being rejected like a leper. I've used Worksource and so far they haven't been any help. I have gone to interviews and I think that I have done well but not one has even hesitated to decline me. So far the only thing keeping me and my 2 kids afloat is my girlfriend, but I can't expect that to last much longer. I gave up on being picky a long time ago. I just need a job that can pay the bills and let me contribute in my house. Anyone got an answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn Hoffman in Vancouver, Washington

73 months ago

Saundra Jenkins in Portland, Oregon said: I am interested in job openings in the Vancouver, WA area for customer service call-center positions. Also any healthcare positions - ie: emergency rm clerk, admissions clerk, front desk office receptionist, and pbx/switchboard operator. Thank you

I am interested in job openings in the Vancouver, WA area for call center positions. Also Healthcare position (Medical Assistant positions. Thank you very much! You have a nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn Hoffman in Vancouver, Washington

73 months ago

Casper in Portland, Oregon said: Check Legacy and Kaiser

I am interested in jobs opening in Portland Oregon for a Medical Assistant position. I already checked Kaiser but I haven't checked Legacy. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn Hoffman in Vancouver, Washington

73 months ago

Leroy in Vancouver, Washington said: Have you checked with Nautilus?

NO I haven't checked Nautilus. I don't know where that is.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Graham in Vancouver, Washington

70 months ago

Adam in Vancouver, Washington said: I'm at the end of my rope. I'm a veteran, was in the military police/corrections field, and I have an AA degree. I'm more than willing to work hard and learn new things but I can't seem to land a job to save my life. It's been 8 months now and I'm being rejected like a leper. I've used Worksource and so far they haven't been any help. I have gone to interviews and I think that I have done well but not one has even hesitated to decline me. So far the only thing keeping me and my 2 kids afloat is my girlfriend, but I can't expect that to last much longer. I gave up on being picky a long time ago. I just need a job that can pay the bills and let me contribute in my house. Anyone got an answer?

Try Vancouver School District #37 or ESD as a paraeducator (staff assistant) part time. With your degree and as a part time staff assistant there is a sub finder that you would have to sign up based on your availability which will give you an option to work for the school, once you are hired (after background check/FBI) not hard to get full time and because of your degree you will not need to take an assessment test (3 hours test)if full time availability opens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Graham in Vancouver, Washington

70 months ago

Graham in Vancouver, Washington said: Try Vancouver School District #37 or ESD as a paraeducator (staff assistant) part time. With your degree and as a part time staff assistant there is a sub finder that you would have to sign up based on your availability which will give you an option to work for the school, once you are hired (after background check/FBI) not hard to get full time and because of your degree you will not need to take an assessment test (3 hours test)if full time availability opens.

Also forgot, I am in the same boat. Have a part time job in retail and another part time job to create full time job for myself but due to economy jobs especially full time is hard to come by. I am just lucky that we have medical insurance through my husband's company. If you are willing to check out or venture into new career, check out Labor Industry apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship program will allow you to make income as well as learn in job training. Just sign up through website to get emails with all the apprenticeship programs opening in the area (Oregon or Washington). Hang on there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eichberg in Vancouver, Washington

68 months ago

Cherie in Portland, Oregon said: How do you avoid the age question? I have worked in HR and Admin positions for many years. I took a break and moved. I have moved back in the area and have worked full time for a temp agency, hoping to land a full time permanent position; but the employment has been to cover those permanent employees who have taken either maternity or vacation leave . Many companies are experiencing cutbacks. I have great references, but because my "work history" shows my age- I know it it has been difficult for me to get on permanent again, because it reveals that I could retire early than they probably would like.

Do you have any comments on how to avoid this? My work history and performance shows my excellent skills.

Cherie: It is a catch-22. If you list all of your work history, you show your age and if you don't, you are at risk of omitting some valuable experience that might help you land the job. Also, as a rule, in spite of all they say about older worker being dependable, knowledgeable, punctual, on and on, they really prefer the young, fresh faces even if they can't spell a darn or have no idea about work ethic and appropriate dress. Sorry to be so negative, but have been there done that. Still unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dhunt36 in Vancouver, Washington

64 months ago

I move here from North Carolina with my partner been looking for a job as a purchasing agent or something in shipping and recieveing for the past 8 months. Worked this Winter and Spring in telemarketing but that not my cup of tea. Can't get any help from unemployment what do I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lost in Vancouver, Washington

62 months ago

I used work source 10 years ago, vocational rehab, social services, and I get told I can be retrained for a new career, after using work sources computers to make resumes, and sending out to thirty employers, I received no replies form any of them.
But I know several other people who are collecting social security income but they can be retrained as well for a new job. what is a matter with this picture. One person is able to work, but is getting an apartment paid for in full and a income as well, another, is receiving an income, for a supposedly disability, but can ride a bike to go fishing six miles and back.
I try because of multiple seizures, a learning disability that vocational rehab discovered when finding out how much of a disability I had.
Stress of driving will bring on a seizure so I don't drive and limits where I can look for work, also I have to avoid rotating shifts because of medication has to be taken on a regular schedule.
So with all this! social services say they can not help me, two more months and I will not have a home to live in because this one will be taken back to the bank, or sold. Which ever comes first..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paula

43 months ago

Saundra Jenkins in Portland, Oregon said: I am interested in job openings in the Vancouver, WA area for customer service call-center positions. Also any healthcare positions - ie: emergency rm clerk, admissions clerk, front desk office receptionist, and pbx/switchboard operator. Thank you

Have you tried Office Alley? in fisher landing area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.