questionable companies/Worst companies to work for

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Nutmeg in Washington DC, District of Columbia

71 months ago

Sometime back I was considering employment with the weinberg group, a scientific and regulatory consulting firm in Washington DC. Their work looked interesting but when I googled them I began to find reports of some very shady business they were doing, including using junk science to protect their clients who produced toxic and dangerous products. Even before my interview process began I was turned off by the unprofessionalism of the weinberg groups Human resources agent since she told me things which i later found out not to be true. She also never followed up when she said she would. Apparently she had her own company on the side. Regardless, I'm glad I did not take a job with them. I do not work there, but if their Human Resources person and reputation for doing shady business is anything to go by then this would not be a great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JMB0202 in San Francisco, California

71 months ago

Early on there was a great amount of work, great exposure to a variety of drug and chemicals industry companies. Work seemed very intellectually challenging until the scandals surfaced about how the company was using junk science to protect clients who produced toxic or dangerous products. Compensation was ok. The location is great though since its right in DC. There are a few great people. The benefits were ok.

The work environment at the Weinberg group is very stuffy, and very institutional atmosphere. Newbies could have had a little better mentoring and guidance, a little feedback and support would have been nice. Biggest downside though is that Weinberg group has little to no respect from other companies. Being involved in a company that did junk science really kills things. HR at weinberg group was also very unprofessional. It is run by someone who has her own company on the side. She (the HR rep I worked with) did not seem to know what she was doing and many times she was deceptive about the company when i was interviewing.

If the company gets beyond this scandal I think senior management has to do a lot to repair its company. Maybe start by changing HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.