Moving to Wilmington - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Tashia Love in Malone, New York

71 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I am thinking about moving to delware. But I want to make sure there is a great job and affordable housing is there when I move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tashia Love in Malone, New York

71 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I am thinking about moving to delware. But I want to make sure there is a great job and affordable housing is there when I move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Dover, Delaware

71 months ago

The housing market is currently in a slump, so you can get a good house at an affordable price before the market corrects itself. Also there are many job opportunities in the private sector. Most of the federal and state government jobs are on a hiring freeze but there is a lot to choose from in the private sector. Lots of bussiness have their corporate headquarters in Delaware because the tax structure is very corporation friendly. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Wilmington, Delaware

32 months ago

I moved to Delaware 17 months ago because I lost my job in NY. I lived in NY for 60 years. Im now having a very difficult time finding and keeping a job here because of my age. The employers do discriminate against those who are over 30. I am one of them. I have already had 3 jobs that did not work out. I may soon be in a homeless shelter. Any suggestions? I have worked in the medical industry for 27 years, administratively.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Media in Augusta, Georgia

24 months ago

Maybe you should look to find something that you and the leadership out there might agree on. Since you are approaching a retirement age, maybe you are having physical issues that prevent you from working and SSI laws agree..entitles you to disability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.