GE Hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Randyy in Winston Salem, North Carolina

95 months ago

I am currently in the mix of this long drawn out Process of trying to get a machinist job. There Are 15 Openings.

Does anyone know how it is to work at this facility?
pay?
morale?
Good Or Bad Plz ill take all info

how long does it take to hear back?

i am sure i should be in top of applicants skillwise with 15 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Les in Wilmington, North Carolina

86 months ago

GE is a great employer in our area. My best friend's brother has worked at the facility as an electrician for many many years. He makes a good salary and has great benefits. Unfortunately, I am an electrical engineer (62) who has interviewed there for two different positions in the nuclear fuels department but (so far, haven't made the cut. Thus, I'm starting my own business but will continue applying at GE. They are that good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

will in Wilmington, North Carolina

81 months ago

Randyy in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: I am currently in the mix of this long drawn out Process of trying to get a machinist job. There Are 15 Openings.

Does anyone know how it is to work at this facility?
pay?
morale?
Good Or Bad Plz ill take all info

how long does it take to hear back?

i am sure i should be in top of applicants skillwise with 15 years

You must know the plant manager to get a job there!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jwbvsb2 in Wilmington, North Carolina

73 months ago

GE is not all that people try to make it out to be. The management for GNF is a group of silver spooned young ambitious people who are in their positions because of who they know and not for their talents or experience. One building manager has been in her position for over two years and has not made quota yet but she continues to toss blame everywhere and has fired and released more people than have been released in the previous 20 years. The enviroment is changing quickly, it's almost make a person wonder how long that this manufacturing facility will be around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

geresponse in Leland, North Carolina

67 months ago

My husband works for GE and he has been there for about 11 years. He use to work in aircraft as a machinist until 911 then he was moved to GNF. He is now simply an operator (non-salary) the money is great for this area but it is hard to get on out there...it does help to know someone...but that wasn't my husbands case...he didn't know anyone...he just kept trying and he finally got hired. Back when he first applied it took him about 3 years to get hired. I do have to agree with the above statement about the mgt out there...that's exactly what my husband says about them.

BTW - I hate to burst you bubble but there are a LOT of people within and around this area that have 15 years + that are also trying to get on out there...Good luck!

You could try Wilmington Machinery, Interroll or check out this organization called Committee 100...they list a lot of businesses within this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

welds mach. in Goldsboro, North Carolina

64 months ago

jwbvsb2 in Wilmington, North Carolina said: GE is not all that people try to make it out to be. The management for GNF is a group of silver spooned young ambitious people who are in their positions because of who they know and not for their talents or experience. One building manager has been in her position for over two years and has not made quota yet but she continues to toss blame everywhere and has fired and released more people than have been released in the previous 20 years. The enviroment is changing quickly, it's almost make a person wonder how long that this manufacturing facility will be around.

I agree 100% GE-Lighting in Goldsboro sucks to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.