Moving to Wilmington - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

c0012 in New York, New York

89 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

I came from Brooklyn, New York. I transfered my Section 8 voucher from NY to NC. It was very time consuming. I started in September 2008 and just completed my NC Inspection. Keep in mind Wilmington, NC is behind on technology so things are not actually in place for such as task. I believe I was a trial run for my new landlord but the not the Section 8 Office in Wilmington. If I had the chance to do anything different I would have started alot earlier than September 2008; I would have started in January 2008. It took NY, three months to convert the voucher, when they tell you the average time is 4 to 6 weeks. My new landlord offfice workers were unfamiliar with what to do, due to the fact I was on unemployment when I started this process. I literally had to talk them through the process. Keep in mind, I knew where to go for assistance and what questions to ask (I have BA in Business Adm., Concentration Information Systems) when things got difficult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.