The mission of the Agora Cyber Charter School is to provide innovative and intensive academic preparation that inspires and educates students to achieve the highest levels of academic knowledge and skills.
Agora embraces a collaborative partnership between teachers and parents in order to empower students to reach extraordinary heights. Extraordinary results require extraordinary efforts! With commitment, hard work, consistency and responsibility, every student will meet the challenge of mastering high expectations.
Through a combination of research based, individualized, and specialized curriculum, combined with instruction in the home, online conferencing with a certified teacher, and access to a community of experts in science and technology, our students will emerge as confident leaders of the digital age.
Core Values of Agora Educators
· High expectations for all without limits.
· Remove all barriers that limit student potential
· Nurturing learning environment well suited to each students’ unique need
· Meaningful communication and high engagement with all students
· Collaborative partnership, among students, parents, community, teachers, staff and administrators
· Focused environment with expert research bases lesson plans and instruction that ensures mastery for all
· Core Competencies are defined as knowledge, skills and behaviors that are important to be successful in the organization. Job Specific competencies are job key related knowledge and behaviors, skills that are necessary for success in a specific position. Managers will utilize these factors as the basis for employee annual performance evaluations.
· To perform a job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following core competencies and job related competencies.
· Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
Special Education Teachers
The role of the Special Education Teacher is to provide students with differentiated instruction to meet their individual needs and monitor student IEPs. This position requires experience working with children with a wide variety of needs and capabilities. The special education teacher has the ability to work with the students entire educational support team which can include coordinating with internal and external resource teachers, social workers, counselors as well as the student’s families. This position reports to Academic Director.
Essential Duties :
Planning and Preparation
· Learns the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels
· Demonstrates knowledge of the state standards and how it aligns with the curriculum
· Understands overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts support needed
· Utilizes asynchronous and synchronous tools to make modifications to course content according to prescribed policies and procedures and individual education plans (IEP)
Instruction and Student Achievement
· Participates in student IEP meetings
· Provides remedial support
· Maintains regular contact with students and families via telephone, email, and instructional sessions, and face-to-face interactions; document interactions in Total View and submit reports as required
· Sets and enforces deadlines for student work
· Evaluates student work and maintain grade book
· Differentiates instruction and provides relentless support that leads to student achievement
· Tracks students’ progress, achievement and attendance
· Evaluates accurate and valid measures on student learning and meeting IEP goals and objectives
· Available to meet students face to face for necessary meetings and/or remediation
· Recommends promotion and retention based on multiple sets of criteria
· Demonstrates resourcefulness in all areas
· Prepares students for state required testing
· Collaborates in the implementation of IEP’s and attend IEP meetings as required
· Orients Learning Coach and student to courses, program, and school requirements
· Maintains compliance of all documents for class roster (IEPs, RRs/ERs, NOREP, etc.)
· Completes Monthly tracker for case load students
· Provides students on class list with the appropriate modifications and/or accommodations, as per the IEP.
· Completes Quarterly Progress Reports for students on case load
· Attends face to face school wide community outings and events.
Virtual Classroom Environment
· Creates and manages home office
· Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with assigned families
· Supports students with set-up and maintenance of their teaching environment
· Supports students through basic computer troubleshooting
· Collaborates with peers
· Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events
· Participates in staff development and educational team meetings on site as well as at other locations
· Has the ability to travel when necessary
· Be able to travel to team meetings and professional developments
· Be able to travel to administer mandated state assessments
We are currently anticipating Special Education positions in Agora. If you wish to express interest in future opportunities, please submit your resume by applying online to join our database!
· Bachelor's degree in Special Education
· Appropriate teaching certification for the State of Pennsylvania
· Pennsylvania DOE required background checks and clearances
· Meets state's NCLB's Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
· Current PA Certificates for Subject and Grade Level
· Child Abuse Clearance (Current within the last year)
· Criminal History Clearance (Current within the last year)
· FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Current within the last year)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
· Experience in a customer service environment
· Experience using search engines (Internet)
· Strong communication skills
· Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
· Have experience working with the proposed age groups
· Have the ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
· Have the ability to support and guide adults, as well as students
· Follow all PSSA test security guidelines and Pennsylvania state law
Benefits: In return for your hard work, Agora Cyber Charter School offers a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package.
In order to be considered for a teaching position, the following documentation will need to be current and available for presentation when requested ( You can attach these documents to your profile ):
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
- Your Current PA Certificates for Subject and Grade Level
- Your Child Abuse Clearance (Current within the last year)
- Your Criminal History Clearance (Current within the last year)
- Your FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Current within the last year)
- A List of Your References
K12 - 10 months ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...