SUMMARY: The Student Services Coordinator monitors and supports student learning success through collaboration with families and school personnel as well as through direct assistance to students; participates in student recruitment and retention activities; coordinates and oversees a wide variety of school social and academic events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Monitors student engagement and provides support, including technical assistance, to struggling students and their families in order to increase student engagement and performance; Educates parents and students about studying skills and monitoring strategies typically;
• Collaborates with school counselors, advisors, the principal and program manager to deliver strategies that will improve student engagement and academic achievement; Functions as a primary point of contact for students and families in addition to their assigned teacher or counselor;
• Coordinates and oversees parent advisory board and parent ambassador networks;
• Coordinates social activities including (but not limited to) prom and all-school picnic event;
• Coordinates scheduling and logistics for open house, course selection, orientation, testing and grade level meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to help describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
• Participates in student recruitment and retention activities;
• Accurately enters student information into recruitment tracking system (Salesforce) and Online Enrollment System (OES);
• Answer phone calls, picks-up and distributes mail; helps respond to student and parent inquiries.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
• Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Two (2) years of college AND
• Two (2) years of experience in customer service or student support OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience Certificates and Licenses: None required. OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Commitment to helping students be successful in an online learning environment
• Organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written, oral and presentation
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize Web conferencing and other online communication applications
• Ability to pass required background check
• Ability obtain required fingerprint clearance PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with middle and high school age students
• EOE and drug-free workplace
K12 - 21 months ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...