(JC) Operations Manager Location: Houston, TX
Job description: UNIQUE ADVANCEMENT POTENTIAL: due to the company’s explosive growth, this position is earmarked to evolve into a General Manager’s role over time. Our client, a division of a leading manufacturer of seals and sealing solutions, primarily for the Oil & Gas market, seeks an Operations Manager with a base of experience in high-performance plastics machining and strong Lean manufacturing skills. This role will support company’s strategy to build on its strong growth momentum and in supporting the evolving needs of its customer base.
- To build and lead a high performing team that delivers breakthrough results in quality, delivery, cost, growth, and customer services.
- To perform, to be responsible for, and to supervise the care, maintenance, and efficient operation of facilities and equipment.
- To supervise all assigned employees and comply with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards. To comply with and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Assists in establishing strategies to meet location growth goals, including the establishment of an operating budget.
- Responsible for monitoring location profit goals
- Supervises the activities of the assigned staff, and directs supervisors with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of supervisors and production workers through the implementation of Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Recommends and/or makes improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- Establishes working schedules (including overtime scheduling, as needed) for all departments connected with production in concert w/ Cust Svc. and Planning.
- Maintains adherence to company policies and procedures, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Approves the hiring and releasing of all production personnel as required to maintain production schedules.
- Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained, maintains records of departmental activities, as required, and assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvements of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the departments.
- Maintains good employee relations and adherence to company policies, takes proper and judicious measures when required, and assists supervisors in handling first-step grievances.
- In concert with individual supervisors, establishes accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluations.
- Sells and refers company products and services to customers and prospects.
- Communicates with vendors both internal and external and manages physical inventory levels.
- Interprets customer written or verbal instruction, process customer inquiries and take customer orders as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering or equivalent) and 10 years of industrial manufacturing and management experience. MBA degree a plus.
- Must demonstrate significant growth potential.
- Must have thorough experience implementing Lean concepts and methods.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have understanding & knowledge of Sales Order procedures.
- Must have understanding & knowledge of Purchasing/Inventory Control procedures.
- Must be able to interpret work orders, material transfers, requisitions, and sales order requirements.
- Must be able to understand Shipping and Receiving procedures.
- Must follow company safety procedures at all times.
Salary: $90,000-100,000 plus up to 25% bonus
The River Group - 12 months ago