(JC) Process Manager Location: Chicago, IL
Job description: The Process Manager is responsible for five direct reports. He/she provides coaching and development plans for his/her reports with the aim of improving their skills and abilities. He/she manages personnel schedules to provide 24/7 shift coverage. The Process Manager ensures that all safety rules and policies are followed.
- Management of the group so that in-process testing and appropriate batch adjustments are made so that product quality standards are met.
- Troubleshoots quality issues as batches are in process. Uses process knowledge and history to resolve problems as they are occurring.
- Works with the Quality Manager on non-conformance and customer complaint investigations. Responsible for insuring corrective actions related to the process group are developed and implemented. Uses structured root cause analysis techniques when appropriate (e.g. process mapping, cause and effect analysis, fishbone, etc.)
- Stays on top of batches to ensure lost production time within the control of the group is minimal. Tracks productivity and understands the financial impact of the productivity metric.
- Clearly understands the impact that aluminum powder feed has on pigment quality and ensures that the quality of this key raw material is maintained.
- Coordination of the daily scheduling logistics between production supervisors, operators, and production control (scheduler) is necessary. The Process Manager will need to work with production control to optimize batch sequencing, adjust for off grade production, and other related items.
- Management of blend stock and usage of rework.
- Understands material usage variances and how the decisions made by the process group impact the financials.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Utilizes production data to identify and implement process improvements related to quality and productivity. To be effective it is necessary to have a strong understanding of how the equipment operates and to have good data analysis skills.
- Works to reduce variation and improve the consistency and quality. Drives the usage of statistical analysis.
- Leads production trials for improvements to existing products and processes. Keeps organized data and information and summarizes results.
- Collaborates with the technical group on scale-up of new products.
- Makes recommendations for equipment improvements.
- May provide coverage in the absence of the Production Manager
- Issues a monthly report with important group activities and projects
- Creates safety awareness and is a positive influence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7 - 10 years of applicable work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a batch manufacturing plant
- Computer proficiency using MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The River Group - 4 months ago