(JS) Mine Operations Manager Location: New Iberia, LA
Job description: We are seeking qualified candidates for a Mine Operations Manager in coastal Louisiana. The prevailing candidate will be responsible for overseeing the management of the maintenance, production and process departments. Candidates should have experience with short and long term planning of underground mining with respect to production demand, ground control, underground ventilation, crusher and conveyor belt placement, mining equipment need and general mine lay out.
Education and Experience:
- Directly supervises 4-8 employees & indirectly supervises 130 employees
- Oversee management of the maintenance, production and process departments.
- Short and long term planning of underground mining with respect to production demand, ground control, underground ventilation, crusher and conveyor belt placement, mining equipment need and general mine lay out.
- Proactive management of RAM process
- Aid in specifying and purchasing new mining equipment.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and use of operational and safety policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of productivity improvement programs.
- Coordinate interdepartmental needs.
- Ensure customer product specifications are met and satisfy customer complaints.
- Company representative during labor negotiations.
- Management of employee discipline, complaints, suggestions, and grievance process.
- Assist in the development of: (1) Annual operating and capital budgets and ensures that they are met, (2) Engineering projects and coordinate engineering needs from other departments during project implementation.
- Management of underground and shaft grouting programs.
- Plan mining and necessary labor requirements.
- Coordinate production needs from maintenance dept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required– (Mining or Mechanical preferred)
- 10 years Mining experience required.
- 3-5 years Supervisory experience required.
- Labor experience is required.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be PC proficient and skilled in Word and Excel.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The River Group - 30+ days ago