(RT) Precision Ag Sales Specialist Location: Desmoines, IA
Job description: The Precision Ag Sales Specialist will be responsible for developing a sales & marketing plan with Precision Ag Director to meet company goals as well as achieve assigned sales and gross margin budgets with assigned customers. In addition, this individual will assist customers and staff with sales, installation, calibration, trouble shooting, training, and support of Precision Agriculture hardware systems and network.
Responsibilities for this role include:
What you should bring to the table:
- Make sales calls throughout assigned Co-op territory to determine Precision Agriculture hardware/service needs, create solutions and build long term relationships with customers that will generate sales of Precision Ag hardware and services.
- Populate and deliver data services in a timely manner.
- Communicate latest products and programs with Precision Ag Department, Region Mgrs., Location Mgrs., Account Mgrs., Sales Agronomists, and Seed Specialists in timely manner.
- Represent company and department at designated sales meetings, trade shows, and Precision Ag industry events, as required.
- Develop proposals for advertising and promotional programs and materials; including product sales literature, media advertising, online promotions, company website and promotional items/materials.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with warehousing, and sales in accordance with commercial insurability at all times.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Organizational Support - Supports organization's goals and values.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Agriculture degree is a strong plus (especially in the area of Precision Farming)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience