"Claim Your Role"
Are you interested in a temporary Computer Operator position that will help you progress your career in the Information Technology field? ICW has an opportunity for a Computer Operator to join our dynamic team on a temporary basis.
- Operates and monitors computer equipment. Performs routine tasks to maintain computer equipment and its peripherals.
- Loads peripheral equipment such as tapes and printer paper for operating runs. Runs all jobs according to run instructions. Prints, balances, and separates reports, and examines print quality.
- Observes peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor of terminal to detect faulty output or machine stoppage. Provides first level problem determination.
- Performs system IPL’s when necessary.
- Contacts appropriate vendor when problems arise with equipment.
- Recommends improvements to Data Center Operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all run books, schedules, and forms used in the computer operations.
AA degree required or equivalent work experience.
2-5 years of experience as a Computer Operator .
Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Strong troubleshooting, customer service, communication and organizational skills are essential.
ICW Group - 18 months ago