CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement. Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth. Presently, CPS Energy is hiring (15+) seasonal temp positions. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
Provides assistance to CPS Energy customers with information regarding customer accounts. Processes orders to satisfy customer requests, researches billing related issues, assesses charges for service connections and works emergency Call Duty. Serves as a resource in the investigation and resolution of issues related to customer billing and collection of accounts receivable, including research and analysis of gas, electric and non-commodity accounts, products, services and collection activities.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. After hours work may be required.
• Assists customers with information regarding CPS Energy services and customer accounts utilizing SAP software.
• Processes orders to satisfy customer requests on billing, electric and gas trouble calls, move-ins, move-outs, high bills and related customer information inquiries
• Researches billing disputes, deposits, final bill and bad debt accounts to resolve customer issues.
• Processes and documents incoming faxes, e-mails and internet requests from customers and apartment managers on move-ins, move-outs, billing inquiries, rebates, mailing address changes, itemization's and residential gas and electric installations.
• Handles customer requests from third-party agencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The following minimum qualifications are required for the position:
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED
• (2) years experience within an insurnace/banking call center environment or a minimum of two (2) years Call Center experience
• Possess effective communication skills (e.g., clear voice qualities, display professional disposition)
• Display a positive attitude
• Possess basic mathematical skills
• Possess legible handwriting
• Possess typing skills with a minimum of 25 wpm
• Possess experience with basic to intermediate Microsoft Windows environment (60% minimum test score)
• Be able to work varied/fluctuating schedules (e.g., shift work, call duty, extended hours, and weekends/holidays)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
• Bilingual is desirable
• Prior work Experience within a public sector or utility
1. Very important to this position are: active listening, speaking, service orientation, persuasion, reading comprehension, critical thinking, social perceptiveness, flexibility, professionalism, organization, confidentiality.
2. Important to this position are: writing, coordination, negotiation.
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Flexibility, Adaptability and Dealing with Ambiguity
Adjusts or changes approach, style, course of action, priorities, etc. when circumstances require
Works independently and proactively to move forward without having all the desirable information, direction, or instructions
Stays the course to achieve agreed upon objectives, even in ambiguous and complex situations
CPS Energy - 6 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...