Facilitate daily system processing of accounts receivable to the general ledger and reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger. Coordinate the accounting, billing, and reconciliation of third party student accounts and miscellaneous non-student accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate daily system jobs to assess fees, apply payments, create refund invoices, run reports, and feed accounts receivable data to the general ledger.
• Reconcile student accounts receivable daily to the general ledger.
• Analyze problems with third party student application of payment errors, correcting errors, and working with the Manager of Student Accounting to identify problems that require adjustments.
• Audit charges to student and non-student accounts for compliance to various agency/third party requirements.
• Coordinate the invoicing activity with various departments of the College, agencies, and third party vendors.
• Assist students and third party representatives with inquiries on requirements for third party authorizations.
• Set up system third party contracts based on parameters in student authorizations, and accurately process the billing and refunding of third party student accounts receivable and miscellaneous non-student accounts.
• Maintain third party student details in Excel or Access and manipulate invoices to include billing detail required by third party vendors.
• Transmit electronic billing files to third party vendors.
• Research third party and agency electronic payment files, reconcile to ACH deposit, and post to student accounts.
• Enter third party authorized bookstore charges on student accounts. Reconcile third party charges and the charges loaded from the bookstore electronically with the bookstore invoice, third party authorizations, and the general ledger. Coordinate adjustments and request payment.
• Analyze problems with childcare charges and coordinate adjustments with the Children’s Center.
Accounts Receivable Technician
• Maintain and coordinate all accounting activity for Conference Services including data entry, billing, journal entries, receiving payments, and follow-up for non-payment.
• Maintain integrity of the billing data by working closely with Registration, Admissions, Financial Aid, and the Collections Analyst to resolve problems. Initiate follow-up phone calls on accounts 30 days past due for third party and miscellaneous receivables. Forward accounts over 60 days for internal collection.
• Maintain confidentiality of College and student records.
• Generate and distribute month end system accounts receivable and aging reports.
• Prepare and enter all monthly and year-end accounts receivable journal entries.
• Reconcile miscellaneous accounts receivable and Washtenaw Intermediate School District accounts monthly.
• Reconcile student and third party receivable accounts monthly and prepare audit reports.
• Serve as back up for all payment gateway related duties including reconciling the online credit card and electronic check payments with student accounts and generation and secure upload of ACH files to the bank.
• Create management reports and analyze activity in the receivable accounts.
• Provide general direction and guidance to part-time employees assigned to accounts receivable.
• Serve as back up to other office staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Student Accounting.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent and 30 credit hours in related coursework and four (4) years relevant work experience OR the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with the College and community publics.
• Demonstrated technical expertise and analytical ability for problem solving.
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential materials and organize workload.
• Work experience in an educational institution desirable.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Must be a current WCC OPT union member to apply.
Washtenaw Community College - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard