Delex Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Join the Delex team! This is an exciting career opportunity with Delex Systems, Inc., a worldwide provider of leading edge technology solutions.
Already submitted a resume or created a login? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
12-205: *IT Support Specialist
Location Herndon, VA
This is an entry level Part-Time position working at our corporate headquarters.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and configure servers, desktops, laptops and printers
- Perform backups of company data and SQL databases
- Assist as needed in other areas of ongoing projects
- Provide help desk support to onsite and offsite employees.
- Collect and review security logs.
Candidate must possess proven analytical, interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills.
Candidate must possess a strong academic record with a concentration in Computer Science, or Information Technology fields.
At least one year experience in installing and administering networks based on Windows 2003/2008 Server including Active Directory and IIS a plus
At least one year experience installing, maintaining and supporting Windows XP, 7, 8 workstations.
At least one year experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining Intel-based Personal Computers, including hardware and software installations.
Ability to build web applications a plus
Ability to build, install and set up new computers.
Training or experience in the following areas: TCP/IP, HTML, POP3/SMTP, DNS, VPN, Exchange 2003, Microsoft Office a plus
Cisco experience and any IT certifications are a plus
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Ask general questions.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others.
- Follow all internal procedures.
- Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue.
- Effectively organize and prioritize all tasks and responsibilities with assistance.
- Participate in team projects and activities.
- Escalate unresolved issues to others
Delex - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard