After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
This position works in a collaborative environment with stakeholders and I.T. staff to help support products. This position develops solutions using, but not limited to, the following programming languages: VB.NET, ASP.NET HTML, XML, SQL. Applicant should have strong working knowledge of MS SQL Server, WCF, MVC. Familiarity with Domino and COBOL a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop new applications in support of business requirements
• Perform maintenance and changes to existing applications
• Comply with any relevant legislation, regulation, and external standards relating to software development activities and their deliverables
• Verify the accuracy, completeness, and relevance of data and information used for software development activities and their deliverables
• Communicate with sponsors and stakeholders during software development activities
• Ensure that the software created meets the functional requirements
• Assist with securing sign off of final software development deliverables from sponsors and stakeholders
• Design, code, stub test and document programs
• Specify to Quality Analysts how software that has been developed functions and assist in the transitional move to production
• Other duties as assigned
Education/Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience considered
• Three plus years of .Net development experience required
• Experience in security best practices as they pertain to development
• Experience in process automation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Strong math skills
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment
• Working towards an approved Developer Certification/Insurance Designation
• This is an on-call position. It will be rotated with other team members. On-call personnel are expected to be available 24 hours a day on their rotation
• Off-shift work may be required
• Limited Travel may be required
• Ongoing training and education will be required
• This job is generally performed sitting at a desk working on a computer.
• The incumbent will be required to sit for long periods of time at a computer
• The incumbent will be required to use their hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
• Must be able to verbally communicate on the telephone
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 16 months ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...