.NET Lead Developer
Our client is a leading luxury fitness and lifestyle company that achieves the extraordinary every day. They create an integrated approach to the well-balanced life – from personal training to group fitness to rejuvenating wellness treatments.
Our client continues to grow into new markets while integrating new brands into the fold. Their lifestyle concepts and products include full service spas, healthy gourmet cafes, upscale, stylish clothing boutiques and a newly launched web magazine. They have more than sixty locations across the country including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Dallas and Washington DC.
Join us and Client a dynamic work environment built around helping others maximize their potential, where limitless opportunity is cultivated by the highest in industry standards across training, education, marketing, technology, media and sales.
Our client is seeking an experienced ASP.Net Lead Developer with strong MVC 3/4 experience to join our growing technology team based in NYC. We are looking for someone with proven dev leadership skills across the SDLC and expertise across the .NET Development stack for a variety of applications and websites.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and welcomes new challenges every day. This position requires experience in a .NET development lead role and hands on experience performing system analysis, software design and development. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing code that meets team standards as well as helping to define the Agile SDLC we work in.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant creative impact on our clients' business through a variety of different applications including Websites, Kiosks, and Mobile for the growing portfolio of client brands. This is a full-time position located at our NYC headquarters near Union Square.
Tech Skills We Look For:
- Design and develop full SDLC .NET MVC web applications that adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements and/or external customers
- Responsible for setting code standards and coordination/completion of .NET web, mobile, and kiosk projects within the Web Development team
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software
- Oversees a test-driven development strategy and development fixes
- 5+ years progressive’ experience in a .NET MVC development leadership role, ideally as a senior or lead developer
- ASP.Net 4.0 (WebForms and MVC 3)
- Expertise with MVC version 3 or better required
- SQL Server (preferably 2008)
- Agile development experience (such as Scrum or XP)
Who We Are:
- Clever, client-minded OO thinker, adaptable and good communication skills
- .NET Web API or REST service a plus
- ORM such as Entity Framework a plus
- WCF or web services in general a plus
- Experience with Sitecore a plus
- We offer a unique mix of start-up tech culture embedded within a high-growth, well-funded and established company
- Technology at our client and its growing portfolio of brands is a strategic part of the company’s growth. We occupy a leadership position in the health & wellness industry
- We are a team comprised of individuals who love what they do. Our culture is close-knit and collaborative
- We work closely with our business partners to define opportunities for technology to impact the bottom line
- We are growing. Fast. We value iteration and are agile in our delivery solutions
- You will work on meaningful projects on day one - including apps, websites and tools that form the core of the client technology experience