POSTING TYPE: Open Competitive
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
HIRING RANGE: $52,900 - 58,000/year (IT 4.1 DBM Level)
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013
The .NET Programmer Analyst's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Associate's Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering AND 2 years of software development work experience.
- 4 years of software development work experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE ABOVE MUST INCLUDE:
- An equivalent combination of education and software development work experience to total 4 years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BEYOND MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- 1 year of experience working with relational databases
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL database 2008 or higher, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or higher, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft SSIS
- 1 year of experience working with either C# or VB .Net
- Experience with AND/OR interest in Mobile Application Development using HTML5
- Certifications: MTA Windows Development Fundamentals, MTA Web Development Fundamentals, MTA Database Administration Fundamentals
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
Strategy & Planning:
1. Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
2. Assist in analyzing and assessing existing business systems and procedures.
3. Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders, and customers.
4. Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
5. Work with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
6. Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
7. Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
8. Without assistance, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
9. Perform critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
10. Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines.
11. Install software products for end users as required.
12. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: 1-11
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
- Skilled in development technologies, including Windows and Web applications, preferably using Microsoft development tools such as C# or VB .Net.
- Good understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Some relational database and operating systems experience with MS SQL and Windows 2005-2008.
- Some understanding of platforms such as Team Foundation Server 2010 or higher and Web systems architecture.
- Working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including Windows web services.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Some experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
SELECTION PROCESS: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials & supplemental questions submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
- On-call availability as assigned.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Able to lift computer drives, monitors, and other peripherals.
- Some travel between County locations.
Dakota County - 2 years ago