Job ID: 0925-9641
The Schwab Web Solutions organization provides high quality web applications for many Schwab clients including advisors, advised clients, and individual investors. Developers in this organization create and modify applications on the Schwab.com web platform for our individual investors, as well the SchwabAdvisorCenter.com web platform for our Advisors and their clients.
Brief Description of Role:
We are looking for a UI-centric developer to join our web applications team. This individual should have a passion for the user experience and leading-edge visualizations and interactions. As a member of the development team you will participate in the design and implementation of web applications using cutting-edge web technologies. You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture. You must actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities. You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, remote team to deliver products in a timely manner. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will leverage primarily Microsoft .Net technologies to deliver a world-class customer experience. The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- Proficiency with C#, .NET framework 4.0, ASP.NET development
- Expertise with the Visual Studio IDE and familiarity with using TFS for source code and task lists
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Conceptual understanding and/or working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems are a plus
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
Position Located In TX - Austin
Job Type Full Time
Login | Help
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...