SNVC is seeking an intermediate level .NET Software Developer to work at a client site to assist with an ASP.NET conversion to Windows Azure. The successful candidate will develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. This position requires knowledge of and experience with Model View Controller (MVC) and SQL Azure. Certifications in these technologies is a plus, but not required at this time. The successful candidate will work on-site in Dallas, TX with possible remote work with a team of developers which will require the ability to communicate clearly with developers and stakeholders. The tasks will be completed in an agile, fast-paced development environment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review current systems
- Present ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Work closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Produce detailed specifications and write the programming code
- Test the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintain the systems once they are up and running
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot software bugs by examining software performance and identifying source of errors.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- Must have 3-5 years of coding experience in a development environment
- Must have working knowledge of TFS for development code and artifacts
- Must have working knowledge of Programming, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements and the Software Development Process
- Troubleshooting skills for application development in networked environments is preferred
- Ability to analyze information and solve problems is preferred
***All candidates will be subject to a standard Background Investigation prior to on-boarding***