TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Norcross, Georgia.
Job Summary: This position is part of a team developing software for TransCore’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) software. This will include translating detailed designs into the code, unit testing and documentation of the implemented software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education: BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Corrects errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Investigates whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions
- Prepares detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Analyzes defect reports and designs solutions to the defects.
- Updates the defect tracking systems and the code revision archive with the information associated with changes to the defect.
- Analyzes requirements for simple features and performs high-level design, detailed design, coding and designer testing.
- Provides software support (phone, email, and onsite) to customers.
- Provides daily, weekly systems integrity checks of the deployed systems and applications.
- Utilizes software version control software for check-in/check-out of code.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Application development with Microsoft Visual Studio using C#, .NET, ASP .NET, WinForms, WCF
- At least one (1) year direct experience with C#, college level coursework may be considered as direct experience
TransCore - 18 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...