.NET Software Engineer
Xignite is a fast-growing startup that is transforming the financial market data industry. We are the market leader, with a cloud-based offering serving the industry’s broadest selection of financial data that powers mission-critical applications for Citi, Dow Jones, Forbes.com, Starbucks, NYSE, and NASDAQ, to name a few.
Xignite Engineering is a talented, energetic team building out a highly scalable and reliable cloud-computing architecture that powers Xignite and enables the business to grow rapidly. Our engineering team creates complete end-to-end technology products and solutions to deliver financial market data timely and accurately to our customers.
Your skill set
- Design, build, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant, scalable front end and back end servers for fast optimized web services
- Gain a deep understanding of the financial industry and business requirements, and work with the product team to create just-in-time deliverables
- Leverage your knowledge and understanding to create innovative business solutions
- Drive improvements in team productivity through tools, processes, test-driven development, and continuous refactoring
- Take full ownership and responsibility for the success of your deliverables, from design through production deployment
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline/experience
- 2-5 years experience with .NET and IIS
- Proficiency with C# (or VB.NET)
- Solid object oriented design and analytical skills
- Experience building large-scale server applications or distributed systems.
- SQL experience, preferably SQL Server
- Highly self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Good communication skills
Xignite offers a competitive salary and startup energy with big company benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, etc.
- Deep Microsoft platform skills in ASMX, WCF, .NET Remoting, Serialization
- Experience developing for and deploying to the cloud, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Key/value stores such as memcached or membase
- Strong knowledge in latest web technologies such as web based push
- Experience with automated test frameworks
Xignite, Inc. - 23 months ago