Gerber Scientific, Inc. serves the apparel and industrial markets through its Gerber Technology segment, the sign making and specialty graphics business through its Gerber Scientific Products business and the packaging industry through Gerber Innovations.
We are seeking a highly skilled ASP.NET/VB.NET developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology stack. As an Analyst Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications.
- Gathers process redesign requirements; coordinates and participates in development activities and support the testing and implementation of package-based application software
- Build new systems with .NET 4.0 / ASP.NET / VB.NET / SQL Server 2008 / WCF Web Services / WCF Data Services
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Promptly analyze and support rectification of any operational problems with feeds into or out of systems
- Work collaboratively with Change Management resources in the implementation of changes resulting from application development.
- Write test scripts and work with users on testing new applications prior to deploying to production
- Carry out functional and integration tests
- Review and select any software updates necessary to enhance/debug the system – this includes liaising with third party software support
- Process documentation
- Understands the purpose, roles and development activities and participates in applying this technique to facilitate application design and implementation (Business).
- Responsible for user training as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, manufacturing, business, or other relevant field required. Master’s degree in technology or MBA strongly desired
- Six(+) years experience as a developer.
- Three(+) years experience with ASP.NET/VB.NET.
- Three(+) years working with SQL Server (2005/2008 preferred).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX and WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET.
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 stored procedures.
- Experience with JQuery or similar technologies.
- Any experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse development is desired
- Experience of SAP ERP and BW is a big plus
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Ability to articulate technical and process requirements into documentation for purposes of development or decision making.
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams or on own initiative and proactively to meet corporate data quality objectives.
- Excellent ability to apply policy and strategy in developing solutions.
- Experience of logical and physical database design and development methodologies
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 including SQL tuning and performance optimization would be desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of business applications including Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to travel domestically / internationally as needed. Prior international work experience is a plus.
- 2 years ago - save job
Gerber Scientific, Inc. (Gerber), through its global operations, develops, manufactures, distributes and services integrated automation...