Gerber Scientific, Inc. serves the apparel and industrial markets through its Gerber Technology segment, the sign making and specialty graphics business through its Gerber Scientific Products business and the packaging industry through Gerber Innovations.
We are seeking a highly skilled ASP.NET/VB.NET developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology stack. As an Analyst Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications.
- Gathers process redesign requirements; coordinates and participates in development activities and support the testing and implementation of package-based application software
- Build new systems with .NET 4.0 / ASP.NET / VB.NET / SQL Server 2008 / WCF Web Services / WCF Data Services
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Promptly analyze and support rectification of any operational problems with feeds into or out of systems
- Work collaboratively with Change Management resources in the implementation of changes resulting from application development.
- Write test scripts and work with users on testing new applications prior to deploying to production
- Carry out functional and integration tests
- Review and select any software updates necessary to enhance/debug the system – this includes liaising with third party software support
- Process documentation
- Understands the purpose, roles and development activities and participates in applying this technique to facilitate application design and implementation (Business).
- Responsible for user training as needed