The .Net Developer implements custom solutions, including interfaces to third-party applications and Blackbaud CRM customizations. Developers may be called upon to participate in business design sessions as they relate to the development work. They are responsible for thorough system and unit testing and provide supporting documentation for the solution. They provide status report to the technical lead.
This position is located in Bloomington, IN.
Project Roles & Responsibilities:
• Translates functional specifications into a technical specification
• Develops code
• Unit tests custom solutions
• Communicates with Technical Lead and/or Project Manager regarding deliverable progress and quality
Competencies of this role can be categorized by personal and performance competencies.
Performance - what the developer is able to do with his or her analytical and critical thinking skills
• Technical specification creation - ability to create technical specifications that are used by developers and are made available to support
• Code creation - ability to develop code that meets Customer’s custom needs
• Unit testing - ability to test the custom development as a standalone solution
• Issue resolution - ability to analyze bugs and implement timely resolutions
• Project management - ability to manage scope, schedule and budget to ensure custom requirements are delivered on time, of appropriate quality and within the stated scope
Personal - those behaviors, attitudes and core personality characteristics that contribute to a person's ability to develop databases
• Problem solving
• Critical thinking skills
• Team player
• Clarity in communications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Attends Blackbaud CRM project team training or a CRM training course to gain a familiarity of the system.
• Attends SDK Training which has the following pre-requisites:
• Core Product Training in all Features that will be implemented
• Page Designer Training
• Extensive knowledge of VB .Net 2008
• Extensive knowledge of XML
• Extensive knowledge of SQL
• Extensive knowledge of ASP web service calls and usage
Note: These are not optional and are required before attending this course
• Object Oriented Programming- Blackbaud CRM and the Infinity SDK are built upon the object oriented programming (OOP) methodology. Developers expecting to develop Blackbaud CRM customizations should have a solid understanding and ideally hands-on experience in OOP. Programmers must understand object oriented (OO) concepts such as objects, classes, inheritance, polymorphism, method overrides, visibility modifiers, modularity, and encapsulation.
• T-SQL- The language used to query and process sets of data within a database is known as Structured Query Language (SQL). Proprietary database engines have their own flavor of SQL which extends the industry standard SQL baseline. In Microsoft SQL Server the language is Transact-SQL (T-SQL). Blackbaud CRM requires a strong understanding of T-SQL concepts and terms including stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, triggers, CLR-based stored procedures, XML DML manipulation and query optimization techniques.
• Web Services- Blackbaud CRM makes significant use of Web Services. Web Services are an industry standard way of exposing functionality to consuming programs while insulating the consumer from any awareness of what the service is doing behind the scenes. Blackbaud CRM uses standard .NET web services. It is critical that a developer expecting to develop Blackbaud CRM customizations have a solid understanding and ideally hands-on experience with Web Services, SOAP and REST.
• Relational Databases- Blackbaud CRM makes significant use of Relational Databases and requires a strong understanding of relational database concepts including normalization, constraints, foreign key relationships, and indexes. To successfully build customizations for Blackbaud CRM, it is critical that the programmer have a solid understanding and ideally hands-on experience in relational databases. Programmers must be able to analyze and interpret normalized database schemas.
• .NET 4.0- VB.NET and C# are both built on the Microsoft .NET framework. .NET provides libraries allowing the developer to focus less on the “plumbing” of their application and more on the business needs they are solving. Blackbaud CRM development is based on the .NET Framework version 4.0. Developers expecting to develop Blackbaud CRM customizations should have a solid understanding and ideally hands-on experience with VB.NET on the .NET 4.0 framework.
• XML- Declarative, Extensible Markup Language (XML) plays a significant role in storing structured data within Blackbaud CRM. Most configurations are captured within XML files. It is important that a person responsible for configuring Blackbaud CRM have a basic understanding of well-formed and valid XML documents. Developers should have a strong understanding of XML concepts such as elements, attributes, schema, namespaces, and XML-style comments.
PCM, Inc - 5 months ago