.Net Software Developer (Job Number: 323787)
SAIC has a job opening for a .Net Software Developer supporting intelligence community programs in Ashburn, VA.
The candidate will support the maintenance of a large .Net software application to include analyzing, correcting and testing software fixes and bugs. Maintaining governing software documentation (e.g. requirements, design and architecture documents) to reflect the corrections made to the software is also required.
The candidate will also support the development and/or maintenance of other .Net software applications, including:
- Assisting with requirements definition and documentation.
- Assisting with generating the design and architecture for system components.
- Developing system components including services and user screens.
- Assisting with generating test plans, reports and other supporting documentation.
- Assisting with system testing, deployment and maintenance.
Works from specifications to develop or modify software applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs. Has knowledge of applications generally dealing with utility programs, job control language, macros, subroutines, and other control modules. Works on most phases of software system programming applications and may require instruction and guidance on other phases.
Must exhibit reasonable technical expertise in engineering, testing and supporting various technologies including Active Directory, Windows and Exchange. May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components. Works with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of .Net software.
- Experience with latest in .Net.
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Knowledge of Windows 2007 Professional, Microsoft Office 2007 Professional.
- Experience providing customer support for client/server application software.
- MUST BE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TSA HIRING SUITABILITY DETERMINATION. The candidate will be able to start work when a pre-hire suitability determination has been received from TSA. This process can take up to 8 weeks to process.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction if approved by SAIC board of directors. SAIC is pursuing a plan to separate into two independently traded companies; one that provides technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services primarily to the U.S. government (new SAIC), and one that delivers technical solutions in national security, engineering and health (Leidos, Inc).
- Knowledge of SQL Reporting services.
- Experience with enterprise design patterns.
- Experience with high-availability systems.
- Team building, good communications, ability to work with multiple levels of customer technicians and management. The candidate must be self-motivated and require little supervision.
- Understanding of and experience in implementing Software Development Life Cycles and Systems Engineering processes and disciplines is strongly desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2013, 2:30:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-STERLING
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 8 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...