The Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading civil rights organization located in Montgomery, Alabama, seeks a Software Developer for the IT Department.
Primary Job Functions:
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in architecting and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Develop applications to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Update code from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with OOB and internally developed software.
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years full life cycle industry experience.
- 5+ years of .NET development experience.
- 2+ years SQL Server development
- Hands-on experience with source control & release management systems such as Team Foundation Server or Subversion, with security/archival/branching/labeling.
- Must be a strong .NET web application developer.
- Experience working with enterprise applications
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Experience with persistence layers and database design and programming, including writing complex queries, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Understanding and experience in business domain-driven design, founded upon a mastery with the application of Object-Oriented principles.
- Experience with the Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server environment, including security/archival/branching/labeling.
- Experience writing build and deployment scripts, and unit and system tests.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and in team environments.
- Occasional travel may be required
The Southern Poverty Law Center offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and three references. Only those candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3883681
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
idealist.org - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard