Basic Job Purpose Collect severely delinquent student loans in order to protect Nelnet assets. Initiate manual outbound collection attempts. Initiate a small percentage of incoming calls. Some auto-dialer work will be required.
Training M-F 8:00am-5:00pm
Hours M-F 11:30am-8:30pm
- Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement
- Contact borrowers via telephone, mail, and email to establish payment arrangements to rectify outstanding delinquencies on accounts
- Determine the most appropriate plan of action to resolve past due accounts. Strong negotiation will be used to establish borrower payment plans
- Actively perform skip-tracing activities through various sources/tools in order to locate borrowers
- Provide pertinent account information and history information in order to educate the borrowers as to the seriousness of the issue at hand
- Update demographic and other additional information on borrower accounts via the servicing system
- Perform additional collection activities related to collections documents and reports
High school degree or equivalent required. 2 year customer service, collection and general work experience preferred.
Customer focused, Analytical skills, Strong oral communication, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, intermediate math, attention to detail, customer service orientation, PC skills, and 10 key proficient.
Physical Activities/Working Conditions
Full time sitting, keyboard and mouse work, telephone work with headset.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.