Solar Universe is a unique solar installation and finance concept headquartered in Northern California with a mission to be the very best at what we do. We are the sum of a network of owner-operated install partners where Quality, Safety, Service and Consistency are guiding principles. These principles support our service oriented approach to enabling you to produce power on your home or business. In short, we make solar an easy, affordable and fun experience. Just ask our members!
This position reports to the VP of Channel Development and is responsible for all day to day contact with all viable prospects in the assigned market. The position has been created to install a company representative in key markets so as to have local representation and a complete understanding of all prospective opportunities in the assigned market. The position will work closely with the other members of the team to ensure alignment of effort and messaging to prospective franchisees. This position is heavily field oriented requiring, but not limited to, research, cold calling, and on site meetings.
- Hit all assigned goals as described in Annual Operating Plan
- Communicate on a regular basis with prospects.
- Ensure all pricing and programs are successfully delivered to prospects.
- Continuously update Sales Force in regard to prospect status, contacts, communications etc.
- Travel frequently to customer’s place of business (overnight travel may be required).
- Gather and report Market Intelligence.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities, in and out of the solar industry We may also look at HVAC, Pool & Spa, Electrical Contractors etc.
- Understand, thru research and active canvassing, the complete opportunity of the assigned market.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in the sale of solar product, PV preferred
- Experience in a “Franchise Model” preferred
- A minimum 5 plus years of successful outside sales experience.
- Proven ability to generate leads and qualify new business partnerships.
- Active cold calling ability and facility to move quickly to/thru prospects.
- Team player ready to work with a rapidly expanding group of professionals.
- Desire to succeed in a competitive arena.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all MS Office products, CRM (NetSuite a plus), Outlook.
- Located in New York Metro area (ability to work from home Office)
Solar Universe Network offers an attractive compensation package that consists of a competitive salary and bonus/variable compensation. The company also offers an array of employee benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and compensation history to dbergman AT solaruniverse.com All documents submitted must be MS Word attachments and the file names must follow the following format with a subject line of “[Last name, First name]: “130003 (b) Network Market Manager (Franchise Sales) NY, resume”. Resumes without compensation history will not be considered. Please include where you heard about the job in your cover letter. No calls please.
Solar Universe is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff.