Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $16 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,500 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Job Title: Brand Manager
Department: Consumer Brands
Reports TO: Senior Director, Brands
Supervises: Analyst (External)
Responsible for delivering private brand sales, profit and share goals in assigned categories through the development of new products, growth of existing products, efficient strategic sourcing, consumer
marketing programs and effective promotional programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Lead a cross-functional team of analyst, sourcing managers, packaging, quality assurance, and product development to develop and introduce new products, improve existing products, and effectively market and promote the brand(s) to consumers.
- Deliver Private Brands’ goals in assigned categories: sales, margin contribution, and share.
- Work closely with category buyers to develop annual business and promotional plans to meet goals.
- Partner with marketing to create in store marketing programs to support brand growth objectives.
- Develop business reviews (category assessments) to identify private brand opportunities.
- Ensure business plan is executed properly: pricing, distribution, promotion plan, etc.
- Establish recommended pricing (initial and on going) for private brand products.
- Negotiate with key suppliers to create products and marketing programs.
- Manage an analyst (non-DG employee) to provide reporting and insightful analysis of category trends and performance.
- Manage sourcing manager to identify and develop manufacturers along with negotiating supply agreements.
- Manage the timing and coordination of projects.
- Manage marketing and promotion budgets for assigned categories.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Demonstrated ability to manage brands across multiple categories
- Advanced skills in category analysis, planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative, along with excellent execution capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the company and in the supplier community
- Excellent project management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Syndicated research experience with good understanding of marketing, merchandising, and retail
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field, MBA preferred. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in brand/category management required.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
Long term disability
Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
Company matched 401(k)
Onsite child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
Free covered parking
Fun, values centered work atmosphere
Corporate casual dress
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dollar General Corp. - 18 months ago
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...