16K Engineering & Procurement Assistant
Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Cost and schedule management for projects and programs. Includes preparation of schedule and cost reports for projects and/or programs. Other duties may also be assigned.
- The 16k Engineering and Procurement Assistant Integration Lead reports to the Assistant Project Controls Manager.
- This position provides the support required to ensure that the scope of services is delivered accurately, within budget and within the required time frame.
- Position requires adherence to strict project deadlines while meeting quality standards.
- He/she ensures the project resources are adequately utilized and manages relationships within the full range of disciplines and management.
- The 16k Engineering and Procurement Assistant Integration Lead is responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a cooperative, motivated and successful team.
- Coordinates directly with the Assistant Project Controls Manager and manages downward on integration efforts across all EPCC integration teams.
- This position serves as the integration leader and voice between client and contractor.
- Fully aware of how Project Engineering, Project Controls, Subcontracts, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning functions interface.
- Responsible for managing and resolving project issues while providing realistic and constructive direction to integration members.
- Managing and coordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Coordinating with senior management on project performance, decision related issues and outside contractor coordination.
- Responsible for managing/reporting project scope and change control while coordinating with the Assistant Project Controls Manager.
- Responsible for the content and explanation of weekly, monthly and on-demand reporting packages.
- Provides the client and other contractors with an integrated view of the project progress and performance.
- Works closely with project contractors to ensure the project meets business and project needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business Management strongly preferred.
- 7+ years related experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to all disciplines within the assigned area.
- Familiar with Business Ethics and corporate policies.
- Requires working knowledge of EVMS cost processor tools.
- Primavera P6 and Prism software experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with large project teams in implementing project controls programs preferred.
- Actual work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the technical knowledge described above
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...