The HOK Texas Region has an opportunity in the Dallas office for an Architectural Internship. We offer our interns the exciting opportunity to work on projects as part of the team, participating in learning sessions focusing on the various aspects of delivering a successful project. Our goals is to identify students in their third of a four year program or fourth of a five year program in their professional architecture at an accredited U.S. institution.
This person will possess the talent, drive, skill, ability and enthusiasm to become a productive member of the HOK team. We hope through our internship program we can create an architectural environment that will allow students to explore the field of architecture in a professional environment.
You must mail in a printed portfolio to be considered for this internship; address to the Houston HOK Office attention HR/ "Summer Arch Design Internship 2013". Also, kindly place a link to your portfolio on your resume and as part of your profile.
- With direction from senior designers or more senior design technician, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings according to established standards.
- Assists in the development of solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Develops presentations, early design studies, prepares sketches and 3D renderings.
- Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Possess basic hand and CAD/BIM drafting skills.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max.
- Proficiency in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or related degree program.
- Previous internship with an architectural design firm preferred.
HOK - 17 months ago
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...