Summer Advantage USA, Inc.
2013 Enrichment Teacher
IF YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO MAKE A CHANGE IN THE LIVES OF YOUNG PEOPLE, THEN SHARE YOUR ENTHUSIASM AS A SUMMER ADVANTAGE, USA STAFF MEMBER.
SCHOLARSHIP ~ CITIZENSHIP ~ SUCCESS
Organizational Overview: One of the most effective tools to improve student achievement – summer learning – is currently one of the most underutilized. Summer learning, not be confused with summer school, provides children with a rich array of academics and enrichment (i.e., art, music, engineering, physical fitness, and community service); connects children with experienced educators and caring adult mentors; and engages parents more deeply in the education of their children.
By engaging all children in summer learning programs, we can increase children's state test scores, improve high school graduation rates, reduce risky behavior, and most importantly, ensure all children receive a well-rounded, high quality education.
Summer Advantage USA will bring high quality summer learning programs to children throughout the country using a business model focused on sustainability and growth.
Training dates: June 17-June 21
Program dates: June 24 - July 26
half day; afternoons
Position Description: Each Summer Enrichment Teacher creates and leads a specific enrichment program that augments the academic program, supports the summer learning objectives, and reflects the summer theme. Note: Summer Advantage does not provide a set curriculum. Enrichment Teachers are responsible for fully engaging the scholars in enrichment learning. Courses should be in the areas of arts, science, or physical education. Summer Enrichment Teachers’ regular schedule consists of work in the afternoons Monday through Thursday and alternate Fridays.
- Develop and implement appropriate enrichment classes for assigned grade levels, including developing clear learning objectives and curriculum plans.
- Prepare classroom for daily activities; work collaboratively with Academic Teachers to ensure activities are linked to academic objectives and with Teacher’s Assistants to plan and implement daily lessons.
- Maintain accurate classroom records.
- Evaluate scholars and create portfolios with support from Teacher’s Assistants.
- Ensure enrichment goals are achieved for each scholar.
- Create and direct class project for closing ceremony.
- Provide behavior management and any behavioral interventions with support from Teacher’s Assistants.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as attendance checking, photocopying, and maintaining classroom supplies.
- Mentor and support the professional development of the Teacher’s Assistants.
- Attend staff meetings and provide program evaluations.
- Collect and submit data for program evaluation.
- Supervise scholars as determined by management during guest speakers, field trips, lunch, and recess.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Summer Advantage USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Passion for working with elementary and middle school children who live in under resourced communities.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master's preferred.
- Over 3 years experience developing curriculum and teaching a specific enrichment topic (i.e. physical education, arts, science) to elementary age children.
- Computer and internet skills are required.
- Regional compliance requirements, including fingerprinting and criminal background check.
Summer Advantage USA participates in E-verify in states that require.
Summer Advantage USA - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
We believe that if we provide rigorous academic programming and an array of enrichment activities during the summer months of the primary...