At McKesson, we’ve been empowering healthcare—and employees—for more than 175 years. As the nation’s industry leader, we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare.
We empower our customers by combining innovation, technology and strong relat
ionships to deliver vital supplies and solutions. Ranked in the top 20 on the FORTUNE 500 with more than $100 billion in annual revenue, we also have the resources to empower our employees. Because at McKesson, we know that empowering healthcare starts with you.
First year Summer MBA Corporate Strategy Internship opportunities available in McKesson’s San Francisco, Houston and Atlanta offices.
About the hosting group:
The Corporate Strategy and Business Development team serves McKesson's Senior Executives and our Business Unit Executives. The team is responsible for evaluating and managing new initiatives and business opportunities with projects based in San Francisco focused primarily on our Distribution Solutions business unit and projects based in Atlanta focused primarily on our Technology Solutions business unit. Excellent opportunity to work with diverse and talented group of people in a growing industry with a high level of visibility and strong career development opportunities.
Interns will work with a project leader and an executive sponsor to research a key business issue within the company, benchmark best practices, complete competitive analysis and craft a solution oriented strategy to create added economic value for the company or our customers. MBA interns may be involved in:
Examples of past intern projects include:
- Identification of facts and issues surrounding key healthcare trends and business topic
- Research of best practices, emerging business trends and positions of competitors
- Design of competitive strategy and offerings to achieve value added, cost effective business solutions
- Identification of performance improvement opportunities
- Development and delivery of an executive presentation
- Analysis of the impact of health reform on McKesson, determination of 2-3 strategic issues and recommendations for solutions to meet those challenges for both the short-term and long-term.
- Strategic analysis of pharmaceutical distribution business for retail chains. Evaluation of competitive landscape and comparative assessment including operating models, pricing/reimbursement and growth strategies.
- Identification of key pain points within Health Systems customer segment, to create suggestions for McKesson HCIT strategies and buy-build-partner recommendations.
It starts with you. That’s a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we’re helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Corporate, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
- Demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking; demonstrate sound judgment and a willingness to result issues and problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives
- Act with integrity in all relationships and issues; understand impact of own behaviors on others
- Possess excellent communications skills and have the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Have completed their first year studies in an MBA program
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a refugee approved for entry into the U.S. or a person who has been granted asylum in the U.S.
- Have a minimum of 3 years work experience (service related company is preferred)
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
No agencies please.
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 11th on the FORTUNE 500 list, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated...